PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little info from Tunica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little info from Tunica

I spent this week Tuesday 11:00am til Friday 12:15pm at the Goldstrike. I bought in for $300 each day.

Each day I played NLHE $1/$2 blind for 7 hours each day. I played basic solid/trapping poker. I took my beats, held my emotions in check, and recovered from some low chip counts on the first three days.

On Tuesday I was wittled down to about $240. I made a big recovery when I [K,K] got all in versus [J,J] and hit set over set. Het flop a set but I rivered a set. I didn't get many hands and left with a net profit of $55.00.

Wednesday started out worse, I was down to $140.00 and recovered to make $85.00 profit.

Thursday was much like Wednesday, down early and recovered to finish net down $20.00.

There was one player all three days that played any [A] and always seem tobe in to catch his over cards(turns or rivers) to my poker pairs. Oh yeah, he was the same guy that doubled meup from the [KK] vs [JJ] above. He played almost 80% of the hands & was lucky a lot. On Thursday, there was a guy next to me playing tired but said he couldn't leave the game until Mr. any[A] busted or quit. The action was good.

On Friday, I had a horrid day. I had many laydowns when players came over the top on the flop & I couldn't call all-in with a one middle pair hand. I had played with most ofthem all week and found them to be very solid. I got outdrawn on several big pots and lost my whole stack in 3 hours. Not my day so I decided to lick my wounds and head home. Everyone started taking shots at me.

For all the bad-beat players. The Goldstrike Bad-beat Jackpot is now up to $232,250.00 (hasn'tbeen hit since February, 2006). The mini-bad beat (10% of the full) has been hit 6 times. All holdem games in the main room are JP eligible. Limit & No-limit and all blind levels. All players dealt a hand, when it's hit, get at least a players share. The back-up jackpot is close to $190,000.00 so it's ripe to go down twice.

It takes [T,T,T,T] beat, both hold-cards play for the main JP.
    It takes [A,A,A,K,K] beat,both hold-cards play for the mini-JP.

Looking forward to seeing some of our WPO-PSO buddies in Tunica next month. I'll be there 01/04 thru 01/10 at least (providing I don't take to many bad-beats).
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.