PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Bet Aruba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Bet Aruba

Hi all!

Just spent ten days in Aruba. Decided at the last minute to play in the Ultimate Bet tournament.

This was a great venue. The weather was great and the poker was phenomenal.

It was quite intimate- and the top players were extremely visible and accessible. My last table I had Layne Flack to my right enjoying a number of beers. I got stuck in an impossibly huge draw against a set of Aces. I never improved and went out in 167th place. Not entirely shabby.

I spent some time with PokerHo on the $10/20 NL table. He likes to see a lot of flops- not so tight playing cash. I also played with annette_15- she is a great player. Cute- still in high school.

Oddly enough- I played for quite some time with Joran Vander Sloot. This is the kid implicated in the disappearance of Natalie Holloway. He is somewhat of a celebrity in Aruba- and most locals seem to beleve he is innocent. A bit creepy- but he was a calling station and shipped alot of chips.

I missed my plane on the way back. When they say three hours needed before flight- they mean it. I was forced to endure an extra two days in paradise. My wife was fairly understanding- lol

George
    TRiplxXX
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.