PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well it was my first time....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it was my first time....

I grab a friend of mine weds night and tell him "Hey were going to Atlantic City tonight !" You ready? He says surely and were off after both having showers. We both laughed and enjoyed the mixing of the music back n fourth between Eminem and alternative chanels on the radio and finally Americas funnest playground :P We get checked in with no problems and come to find out they have no regular rooms left so we get a nice sweet that was already comped and separated on the 48th floor from everyone else. NICE So anyway were off to check out the Poker Room and find there isnt much going on and head to the TAJ only to find the 4/8 game had just broken and we were left to watch the 10 / 20 im guessing for about 15 mins of getting bored. I wanna PLAY! : So we head back and go to sleep and get up the next morning have a great breakfast buffet and go hit some tables, he introduced me to a new game i hadnt playd called 3 card poker 8O 8O 8O Turns out im hooked i bought in for 50 and turned into 220 after only an hour . So as time went by it had come to be almost 6:30 and the real purpose for the trip was to get out of the house and go play a tournament since it was cheap and the first time we picked limit holdem 20 buy in 10 entry with unlimted rebuys first hour.. Im not much on limit now but can hold my own. Well the long drawn out story came down to this! We started with 400 in chips and i took 1 rebuy after SB passed lol "Ya know just to insure i feel safe!" The highlight of my tourny exp. came down to the first pp i got was 88 and i gotta admit besides the other AK d's i got and bought the anies of 50 chips wasnt so great, but anyway im feeling giddy when a shortstacked guy raised well i reraise and everyone folded around to him and he just called. Flop came 282 i check he bets i raise! lol he calls Turn 6 i check he bets i raise LOL this is fun im thinking! Riverman brings uh ooo another 2 BUT WAIT ! it gets better i bet he raises with only 75 left i call and to find he has JJ 2's full whew ... After that back to folding and when Blinds were up to 400-800 i had dwindled down to about 3 bets and and raised my AT vs JJ and when the flop brought A3J A 6 he had made his boat and congradulated me on my first tournament play and shook my hand . Pretty im thinking! So anyway i didnt do as well as some of the other first timers, but my 36th outta 94 starters i felt rather proud of myself.. Thank you for reading my long drawn out story and hope to have a shorter better story next time.

36th is a great finish 4 youre first T congrats.

Tony D

Comment

Amusing trip report..and congrats on the not too shabby finish in your first tourney!!

Post again, please!! You are a refreshing change.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.