PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I played with Mark in Event#12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I played with Mark in Event#12

I was sorry that I couldn't make it to Tunica for the PSO Convention but was able to go down this past weekend.

I went down with two of my poker buddies with whom I play in a regular Texas Hold-em game here in Kansas City. One of these guys' Dad is retired and travels all over the country playing poker. He also has been a poker dealer for several years. He has been hired as one of the dealers to deal in some of the events at the WPO each day. So I flew down with his son and another guy to get into some of the action and to play in the satellites for entry into the actual WPO events.

I played in a $45 satellite with the hope of winning a $300 chip + $50 cash. This would have allowed me to enter into Event #12 for free. In the satellite, I ended up heads up with another player. After some heads-up play, we both had about equal stacks and agreed to split the prize 50/50. I paid him $150 for the $300 chip. Out of the $50 in cash, we tipped the dealer $20 and split the rest. So I basically gained entry into Event #12 for half price.

To say the least, I was very jazzed about playing with the pros. After about 20 minutes of pre-tournament coaching from my friend's dad, I was ready to play. In a nutshell, I played very tight and did very well. I lasted almost 6 hours and when I busted out, the big board showed only 54 active players out of 220.

During the tournament, I was on a couple of tables that were broken up and players relocated to other tables. During one of these relocations, I had the privilege of landing on a table were Mark Napolitano was playing. He was in Seat #9 and I was in seat #2.

I still can't believe I did so well and know that the practice that I've done on this site has helped improve my game tremendously over the past year.

I heard the cash game action was great at the WPO during the first part of the month and maybe next year I'll try to make it for the convention.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and allowing me to share my experience with you.

Brian Watts (joeprogrammer)

OK, so where the heck is the trip report from Mark?????

Comment

Brian...thanks for sharing your experience with us. AND< try to plan now for next year and join us for the PSO convention!! Would be super to meet you.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.