PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievable Back 2 Back Hands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable Back 2 Back Hands

Had a chance to play some live poker 2 weeks ago and rather than bore you with my bad beat stories, thought I would pass on some good hands.

I am big blind in a typical 3/6 hold em game w KQo. 5 limpers, I take the free play.

Flop: AKK

I check raise, three callers

Turn: K

I bet out, two callers

River: 9

I bet, 1 caller says show me the K so I do.

Very next hand, I am SB, I am more concerned with trying to stack my chips with shaking hands than playing my cards. I look and find AKs. I call a middle position raise. 5 players see flop.

Flop: AKK again.

One guy looks at me and says "got those kings again?" Normally, this would be a check/raise situation, but considering the comment and the fact that my shaking is not a big hand give away now, I say, "I have to bet them" and bet out. 2 callers

Turn: A

I bet 2 callers

I dont remember the river. But the table went nuts when I turned the AK.

Damn this game is fun sometimes.

Anyway, had to tell someone, my wife is not into poker yet so I got that glazed over look when I told her. Thanks for listening.

Jeff

Awesome. Yes. Sometimes it is a very fun game. And it is allways fun to stack up those chips in neat little rows.

And the callers KNEW they were beat and STILL gave you their chips. :wink:

Comment

Jeff...your story reminded me of something similar that happened to me in LosAngeles a while back. I was playing $9-18 Hold'em at the Commerce. I had pocket Aces three times in about 6 hands, and each time, I flopped a set, and turned a full house. The third time, I announced, " YOU guys aren't gonna believe this..." and STILL got callers Man, this is a great game!!

Thanks for sharing your story....do it again soon, it was fun to read!!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.