PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th PSO Convention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th PSO Convention

I just left the Orleans and the PSO convention. As every year...I REALLY enjoyed seeing many of you again.

Great to hear the stories, about your families, and to hear the ongoing jokes (Bravo's Biatch, etc....god those guys are funny).

Wonderful to see NewJane again and have to thwart her advances (not sure she could handle "all this" anyway! LMAO!!!!), and it is good to be loved!

I had not heard from Jerry (xxPiratexx), Tim (Zeroth), or Bill (4Flusher) in quite some time and was great to see and talk to them again. Wonderful to see Sailor Moe and Ranger Rick to share poker stories with.

Got to get to know Ed (Johnny_bravo) and Mike (TheMills) better..and was a kick playing against JTMeyers, TheMills, and Kailen_31 in person.

Now for the down side (in my "not so" humble opinion):

Having attended several different poker seminars, training sessions, camps, poker hospitality suites, and other various poker events; I can say this convention was sub-par. Starting with the "cheap" feel of the mixer, no breakfast before the seminar, and the "lite" dinner that evening. It felt like someone went, "Lets see how cheap we can pull this off", without regard for how the members would respond to it.

Yes the open bar was great....but for those of us who don't consume alcoholic beverages....a better meal or snacks would have made the whole thing "feel" better.

I understand this stuff costs money to put on - BUT for a minimal additional cost this could have felt like a, "WELCOME!!!! WE are so pleased you are members, stay with us".

In days of declining membership (yes it is obvious because many of my old friends (AzHardballz, etc) are gone, and several others are on thier way out from what I am hearing), it is important to be innovative and "first class" to attract new members and retain older ones.

The members of PSO are GREAT! and AL is doing an AWESOME job as Dean. I wish the "powers that be" would listen to Al's professional opinion to improve things.

I love PSO, our dean, and the members. I don't know if I can justify another annual membership if this is the type of gathering is the best which can be done for an "annual" convention.

In addition to being the Reno "connection", I will be glad to help improve things in any other way I can.

As usual...I welcome all comments and opinions about me or my posts.......dissenting and otherwise.

Thanks for reading.

Glenn
    CC5318 (PSO, Bugsy's, Full Tilt, AOL instant messenger, and Pokerstars)

FairlyNutz (UB, Party)
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.