PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceasars Indiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceasars Indiana

Welp I made it over to Midwest Region live play at Ceasars Indiana and had some questions:

1. This is the first event of this kind that I have attended (and I had a blast!!). They were running $65 one table sat. - winner take all for $550 (token + $50 cash). Is this a normal thing that happens at these events?

2. The format of the $300/$500 MTT's were a little low for me. They had starting chips of $1500 with 40 minute rounds (blinds started at $25-$25 and pretty much doubled from there). Is this normal for a lower buyin MTT? They paid top 9 for 1-149 entries and top 20 for above 150 entires. Is this about the normal payout structure as well?

3. At the $1000-$1500 and $5000 buyin's the starting chips and round time gets better ($2000-$2500 and $5000 with 60 minute rounds). Again, is this normal?

I never entered an event but I did play tons of one table satellites (won the first two I played so I had ammo to keep going). I made the decision to just keep playing the one tables instead on doing a buyin to the $300/$500; mostly because I kept winning / splitting my fair share of the $550 payouts. All the $500 MTT events are done, so I could only try the $120 and $180 1 tables (a little to rich for me).

I might go back Friday to try and win a buyin to the $500 Super Satellite (winners gets entry into the $5k MTT). Not real sure I am good enough to really compete with the $5k players..... I guess time will tell whether I try to play another 1 table or try to get entry into the $5k.....or maybe I will just keep my profits and stay home and wash my cars instead??

I feel like such a rookie noob asking questions like this - just trying to further my 'poker education'.
    Any input or answers for the poker vets would be very nice.

Thx and have a great weekend every1.
    AK

Oh yeah, one funny story from when I was there:

I was in a 1 table sat, I made it to 2 players left. The other player was super aggressive female player who kept knocking players out left and right (I stayed outta the way and just let her do her thing). Turns out she won the lady's event the day before, so she had game and had some unreal luck a few hands.

She had gathered almost all the chips at the table ( she had $4400 I had $600). The blinds were now at $200-$400, so there was very little chance for me to survive. I asked her if she wanted to chop with me for the buyin +$20, she politley told me no that she wanted the whole $550. I could understand, so we played the next hand.

She went all in, I called. She had AA I had JTd. I won.

I asked if she wanted to chop for my buy in +$100. She said 'no way' in an irritated voice.

Next hand- she went all in again. I called; she had QJ, I had KT. I won again.

I asked if she wanted to chop 50-50. She said 'forget it'.

Next hand- she went all in AGAIN. I called and showed my KK, she had 33. I won and now had almost all the chips. (she didn't have enough for the BB)

I asked if she wanted to chop. I offered her her buyin + $20 :twisted: . (she didn't have enough chips for the BB )

She accepted this time.

Is there a moral to this story, not really.....but wow was she mad.
    :lol:

Comment

Re: Ceasars Indiana

Originally posted by AKLuvR
      1. This is the first event of this kind that I have attended (and I had a blast!!). They were running $65 one table sat. - winner take all for $550 (token + $50 cash). Is this a normal thing that happens at these events?
      Playing sats for tokens that get you buy-ins to the larger events is fairly standard procedure at a tournament. Sometimes they just play for cash, but playing for tokens are just as (if not more) likely.

2. The format of the $300/$500 MTT's were a little low for me. They had starting chips of $1500 with 40 minute rounds (blinds started at $25-$25 and pretty much doubled from there). Is this normal for a lower buyin MTT? They paid top 9 for 1-149 entries and top 20 for above 150 entires. Is this about the normal payout structure as well?
      That blinds structure seems pretty normal from my experience. We're definitely spoiled at PSO as far as our starting chips/blind structures. The payout structure also seems fairly normal.

3. At the $1000-$1500 and $5000 buyin's the starting chips and round time gets better ($2000-$2500 and $5000 with 60 minute rounds). Again, is this normal?
      Sounds about right to me.

Best of luck!

Shaky

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.