PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnny Bravo Classic III

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Bravo Classic III

My wife Sandra(mrsrocket) and i left Front Royal, Virginia at noon in a pretty steady rainstorm. There were 5 more from our hometown crew leaving about an hour behind us. Even though it was raining our spirits were good. It was the first time this year we had really been anywhere together, so it was like a little mini vacation for us.

We arrived at Eds(johnny_bravo) at about 1:30. We were the first ones to get there, and were greeted with a warm welcome from Ed,Melissa, and Ben. Ben took me to the theatre in the basement(yes the theatre) an gave me a XBOX360 lesson until Ed finally saved me by taking over the controller. AJ (AJD804), Kevin (kailyn31) were the next to arrive. Kevin came in sporting his Terrell Owens apparel, and Ed had his Big Ben Roethlisberger jersy on much to my approval, and the first wager of the day was made. First one out between Ed and Kevin had to wear the other ones jersey at the convention. You will see the results later in the report.

The other ones came trickling in in small groups. I was very excited to finally meet Al Spath. I have one word for him CLASS. Al brought a lot of prizes such as a nice card table top, that i ended up with(lol), PSO shirts,hats,pajamas, and the gift that i was determined to get the most The Al Spath Poker Journal. If you dont have one get one ,and no im not his promotion agent(yet). I dont think hes ready to back me in ring games yet either, but ill let him tell you that story.

Mike(psumike) had a D qualification in the Big One VI, so he got the lap top set up and was ready with about 30 seconds to till the first hand got dealt. He had several onlookers around him from time to time while we were waiting for our famous words to "shuffle up and deal". PSO members included boonboo,Partaker,kailyn31,eztwice,
    lil_lisa_w,miffyswb,foshmonger,fishmomger,wolson,p sumike,AJD804,
    gregr,baltblis,Espozuno,the great host johnny_bravo,The Dean Al Spath, and myself flyingfish, oops i meant flyingryan. Nascar20 i almost forgot you.

Let the tournament begin . We drew for seats and for one bounty. Al was an automatic bounty, and nascar20 was drawn to be the other bounty. The tourney began with both bounties at the same table. My wife doubled up on the first hand against Espozuno with her pocket Aces, but no problem for Frank because this was a rebuy/add-on tourney.

My table consisted of Baltblis,AJD804,wolson,fishmomger,2 non PSO members Mark and Ray(correct me if im wrong on Ray) and myself. We had a seat for MaggieMayB, but she wasnt able to make it. Aj became the immediate aggressor of this TIGHT table. I was card dead early so had to make a few bluffs to shake my tight image. The most memorable hand before the first break was AJ flopping 2 pair, with Walt(wolson) holding pocket Queens, there was betting on the flop, then a Queen fell on the turn, and all i remember AJ saying was that he looked over at Walt, and it looked like a christmas tree lit up. AJ,s good observation lead to his good lay down, and Walt showed the pocket Queens that produced the electricity for his tree lights. Then the first break came, and as OLD HATTER would say smokem if you gottem, and get a little drink if you got that too. Hatter probably going to be upset for me tearing his famous saying up but i think im close.

As well as i can remember, everyone took advantage of the rebuy?add-on, and it was back to the tables. The antes came into play when we returned, and the style of play changed also. I looked down at pocket 10,s, and threw out a 3 times the big blind raise, from the middle position 1st to act(notice how im defending all my actions), AJ was my only caller from the big blind . He flopped a set of 8s, checked to me. i moved all in ,and to the rail i went. The irony of the whole thing was that about 2 minutes later Ryan Newman hit the wall in the Nascar race in Phoenix, and he also was on the rail.

There was soon enough of us to get a 1$-2$ ring game going. I was doing pretty good, and then the alcohol kicked in, but it was well worth the 100 bucks to sit down live with Al Spath. I would say Al would say i held my own until the booze took over.

My niece Ashley who was the chip leader midway through the tourney finished on the bubble, and won the nice card table top that Al brought, which she gave to me. Thank you Ashley!! My wife finished 5th, and my nephew Nascar20 finished 3rd, and Ed picked up his bounty. I am very proud of all 3 of them for holding their own in this tough field.

We left when it was down to 2 (johnny_bravo and boonboo) so i cant give you the description of the final hand that ended it, but i do know that johnny_bravo won it, and boonboo was 2nd. Congrats to both of you.

In closing here i want to thank you and your family Ed for having us. We hope you will invite us back again next year.

Al Spath thank you for everything you are a class individual, and everything and more that i thought you would be.

Kevin(kailyn31) the Roethlisberger jersey is going to look good on you in VEGAS. Yea i know, i know AK vs AJ and goodnight LOL

The food at the JBC III- PRICELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Jim (flyingryan) the pics are in the where do u live forum password is 226088878

I'm reading........and can't wait for more.....................hurry up! :lol:

Comment

"i held my own until the booze took over"

LOL, from the other end of the table, I thought the alcohol took over earlier. We all have updated our online Notes :-)

Walt wants you to explain the odds (or should I say odd) betting on the turn of that last ring game hand. Something about a 4-flush on the board.

Good report! and Good Times.

Mike

Comment

Re: Johnny Bravo Classic III

Originally posted by flyingryan
        The most memorable hand before the first break was AJ flopping 2 pair, with Walt(wolson) holding pocket Queens, there was betting on the flop, then a Queen fell on the turn, and all i remember AJ saying was that he looked over at Walt, and it looked like a christmas tree lit up. AJ,s good observation lead to his good lay down, and Walt showed the pocket Queens that produced the electricity for his tree lights.
        Hi my name is Walt and I just hit a set!

Walt "red light tell" Wolson

Oh man this is as good as busting him with J4s! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by psumike
          "i held my own until the booze took over"

LOL, from the other end of the table, I thought the alcohol took over earlier. We all have updated our online Notes :-)

Walt wants you to explain the odds (or should I say odd) betting on the turn of that last ring game hand. Something about a 4-flush on the board.

Good report! and Good Times.

Mike
          Obviously there was only person at this event that can hold their liquor. Well, maybe. :wink:

Comment

how did the PLO ring game go?
            I left at 1:00 as people were buyng in.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by psumike
              how did the PLO ring game go?
              I left at 1:00 as people were buyng in.

Mike

It never got started, not enough interest, although, I think it would have been an interesting 3 handed game between Joe, Ed, and myself. LOL. We played NL a while longer.

Comment

who held their liquor??

All I can say is that it was a great night.... glad I finally met ryan, greg, and the rest.... especially Al. Of course Al was at my first table, hmmmm my only table... haha.... but after we started the ring game... who did I was to my left.... Al Spath.... and to his left... PSUmike... needless to say, I think I learned a whole bunch about poker that night....

But anyway, yes, I was drinking my Coor's Light most of the night...and was still in control at end of night.... and I also got compliments on my 2006 Screaming Yellow Mustang GT....

Will be attempting to host one of these events at my house before the convention but will need some help from you experienced people.... will let you all know soon...

thanks again Ed....

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.