PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WPT Bootcamp Tunica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPT Bootcamp Tunica

I recently had a good run of tournaments, and decided to use some of my profit to get a leg up in the WPT arena. I have two more seats to major events and I went in thinking I would get some good tips and tricks on playing the WPT events. As well as some decent Live experience.

While I can't say I was disappointed, I can say that it was more of a refresher course for me. It did fill in a couple of gaps and reminded me of some of the basics of good tournament play. I think building a relationship with some of the instructors will help in the long run as well. Linda Johnson is (the) Nutz. ;-) I had fun and would recommend this for people who are looking to get from novice to intermediate level.

I think if you are already at the intermediate level or verging on expert, a better value would be the Champions 3 day course. You have to be at a certain level of play before taking that one, and this course does give you automatic acceptance into it.

This course consisted of two days of lectures and labs. The labs being mini tournaments where about 5-7 hands are played. After each hand cards are turned up and analysis of how the hand was played is given by the instructor at that table.

They teach tight aggresive poker which should be the foundation for tournament play. They do give advice on mixing up your game in the right situations. I think if you utilize the information here at PSO, you can get just as much knowledge. But, if you are the type of person who likes interaction with instructors and other students, I think it is worth the cost.

There is a SnG and a MTT for the students. I won my SnG and got a nice WPT Jersey, but only managed 10th as I had a blind steal go bad just before the final table.
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.