PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma State Championship

Here's a hand I played in the OK State Championship this weekend.

Buy in - $3k
    Starting Chips - 10K
    Players - 151

Player -1 (me) big blind - hand 10/8 of Diamonds.

Player - 7 - Hand - KK

Blinds are 25-50...2nd level

Six players including the small and big blind limp into the pot. Flop is 10, 8,2 rainbow.

Big blind flops 2 pair and checks...seven seat, having slow played 2 kings, bets 400. Small blind folds...big blind with top two pair check raises 500. Entire back field folds to seven seat who raises 5k with his two kings.

Big blind with top 2 pair bets all in...another 5-6k. Seven seat calls...turn is K making the seven seat three kings and knocking out the big blind player...me.

Any comments on the play of both players would be appreciated.

All in all, it was a big let down as you might imagine...only good news was I went to a 2-5 cash game...got on a rush and picked up $2800 by about seven am the next morning...a long night, but worth it in the end.

This was the largest tourny I ever played in and the side games were unreal! If it is always like this at the major...and even not so major...tournaments....all I can say is wow!
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.