PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harrahs AC PSO Tour Live Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrahs AC PSO Tour Live Event

Good Afternoon All,
    The day was bright and crisp as we arrived at Harrahs poker-renovated property at the Atlantic City Marina.

First step was to find John Arthur, the poker manager. He had promised a small table outside of the Brigantine Room where the Tournament is being held.

After a small hiccup, John was able to get a staff member to get the setup, and, all was well. As soon as the hats, pins, card protectors and home-made broc****s were on the table, our small contingent of 5 PSO members began to arrive.

First to find the location was Runngunn'n, followed by Siberianex and finally Machinegun. We had our full roster of players. Cell phones worked well inside the building, and became our means of communication throughout the day.

In the beginning, we had a good general discussion about tournament approaches, attitude toward the game and poker math. Siberianex said that he had become immune to bad beats as tournament enders, Runngunn'n agreed that it was "part of the game", and Machinegun said he was looking forward to his first "live" tournament.

I didn't decide to play until the final minutes. The guys twisted my arm, and I ponied up the $560 entry fee. Actually I was looking forward to playing except for the tournament structure - Only $1500TC. Blinds staring at 25/25 with 50 minute Levels.

The starters battling for the PSO Sponsorship points were Runngunn'n, Siberianex, Machinegun and PALLADIN2. We entered the ballroom that was transformed into Tournament Central.

The room contained over 40 tables, and one central table where final table action is conducted. Banners depicting WSOP stars covered the walls. Pictures of Joe Hachem, the current WSOP Main Event champion, were prevalent. The scent of fresh paint was in the air from the renovation of the ballroom.

By 12 noon most of the players were seated. A few minutes later the Tournament Director, Johnny Grooms, attired in a gray business suit and tie, directed one dealer to set the button for all tables. Missing was the traditional "Shuffle Up and Deal". But, in the tradition that was started by the Borgota, Johnny directed attention to the "Round Girl" at the front of the room.

She appeared with the Round 1 Card and moved up and down the rows of tables. It was the only time the room actually was quiet without the constant sound of rifling chips. :lol:

Not long into the first round, Johnny announced that 391 Players were entered for a prize pool of almost $200,000. I did not hear any update, so the late arrivals must have been minimal. I'm sure Sharla will be covering the final table for PokerPages. Check there for the details and numbers.

The first two rounds were contested, and we all met at the PSO central table to report results. Unfortunately, I was the first to depart. We all agreed that all of our tables were tight/tight.

End of two rounds and about two hours of play, the approximate chip counts were:
    1. Siberianex was leading at $4,000TC
    2. Machinegun was playing solid, doubling his starting stack to $3000TC
    3. Runngunn'n - $1,650TC at an extremely tight table before it was broken had played only three (3) hands
    4. Palladin2 - Out on the last hand of Round 2 bluffing off all my chips $2650TC with a KQo. Hit the K on the river, but lost to two pair K-6o. My mistake, I was new to the table. I left the supertight image I presented for almost two hours when my initial table was broken.

I wished the 3 PSO flag bearers continued luck, told them to call me if they were eliminated and I headed to the poker room to earn back my buyin. (another Trip Report in the offing).

And where do you say is the 5th PSO member attending the Live Tour Event at Harrahs? During the break I was approached by a new PSOer from New York, Backatyou. He was here to support the PSOers that were playing, and expressed the excitement of learning from the site.

Break was over and the the third level began. During the 4th level we lost Runngunn'n. He was on his way to join me in the Poker Room's cash games.

Next to depart was Siberianex at the 6th Level He held A of spades Jo. His opponent put him All-In with a KTo preflop. On the flop came the catch of the day, a ten, but outs. The flop had 3 spades and Siberianex held the Nut Flush Draw. The Turn - blank. The River - Double blank. And then there was Just One PSOer.

Machinegun had been playing solid and steady poker. A mathematician by trade, he was doing well in his first ever "live" poker tournament. The atmosphere, the money, nothing phased the new PSOer. He made it to the Dinner Break with about $7000TC.

I met him as he was going down the escalator to find a place to eat. He said that he was tired and needed to relax. I congratulated him as the survivor, and asked him to keep me informed of his evening progress.

Sadly to report, Machinegun ran out of bullets during the 7th level finishing in an estimated 65th place. BUT, he was the final PSOer in the competition. Congratulations on your finish and may this be the first experience to a successful tournament quest!

As a final comment, I was impressed with the poker acumen of all the PSO players that I met. They enjoy the game, and are true students of the game. It was amazing the amount of time spent not only playing, but the amount of reading that each of the players represented. From Harrington to Caro to SuperSystem they have read them all with the 2 Harrington books as the MUST READ for any tournament player.

Good Luck in the future to you all, it was my pleasure to act as the Harrahs AC Leader. Thank you for your communication and making this report an easy one to write.

Best Regards,
    PALLADIN2

"Have Gun Will Travel Reads the Card of the Man"

Thank you so much for the timely and informative report! It was almost like being there!

I will contact Machinegun and get interview questions to him...
    Good job to each of you, and thanks, Palladin2, for stepping up and doing such a super job. We at PSO appreciate it so much.

Comment

congrats PSOer's in attendance and to our winner (machinegun).

cya in Vegas.

Palladin, great job, wonderful reporting... appreciate the assist.

Comment

Your Welcome.

Profitable Playing,
        PALLADIN2

"Have Gun Will Travel Reads the Card of the Man"

Comment

Great post

Awsome job you guys . It can only get better. THUMPS UP:?:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.