PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Community Tournament - July 2019

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Community Tournament - July 2019

PokerStars School will be running another Community Tournament for the Canadian timezone on July 27th.

The tournament Structure is to be set by the community, this is your tournament! This month we'll be voting between a regular NLHE or PLO tournament. Please vote below.

Create some suggestions below in this Forum thread and the Moderators will set up a Poll to vote.

Post your suggestion before July 24th as this thread will close then.

Rules for Community Tournament.
    • Tournament must run the last Saturday of the Month.
    • Prize Pool can be no more than $1000 and no less than $500.
    • Start time must be in the evening.
    • Style of tournament is completely up to you.
    • Starting Stack: 1k, 3k, 5k, 10k, 15k?
    • Blind Levels: 1 mins, 3 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins?
    • Game: Zoom, 6 Max, Full Ring?
    • Payout Structure: 1st only, top 10 pays, top 20 pays, top 30% pays, top 50% pays?
    • Reloads: Freeroll or Rebuy ? (Up to you)?
    • Bounties: on Certain members? (up to you but must come out of the total Prize Pool.)?
    Each month you’ll be able to change up the Community Tournament depending on what you’d like to see.

This is a great chance for the community to work together and create a really fun tournament.

Looking forward to see what you create.

Check out our general promotional Terms & Conditions for further details.
    I'd like a regular No Limit Hold'em Event
    86.96%
    I'd like a Pot Limit Omaha Event
    13.04%
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

NL Hold'em Please
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Prize pool 1k
      Starting Stack 3k
      Blind Levels 5min.
      Payout Structure 30%
      Freeroll
      Bounties on Certain Players would be COOL

Cheers All

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Who I would pick for Bounties...………..

Last months Winner of the Community Game

Last months Winner of the Masters

That guy in the Forum that thinks he's Funny

Cheers All

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Dr I would like to see a no limit 500 Chip 8 player shoot out with bounty

Comment

stud hi low would be great

Comment

8-game please

Comment

I'd like to see something along the lines of 8-Game turbo, deep stacks

Comment

I voted for PLO, but I like these peeps who are pushing for mixed games.
                  5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'd be interested in playing an Omaha tourney.

Comment

8-game mix pls

Comment

Prize pool 1k
                        Starting Stack 3k
                        Blind Levels 5min.
                        Payout Structure 30%
                        Freeroll
                        Bounties

Comment

Prize Pool: $1k
                          Starting Stack: 3k
                          Blind Levels: 10 mins
                          Payout Structuure:20%
                          Freeroll

Comment

Well, I thought I had a ticket to this month's community tourney, but it appears now I don't (long story - lol!). Maybe there is still time to get one??

Anyway, my input:

I think most people are most familiar with NLHE, so that should be the tourney format in my opinion.

However, how about the possibility of adding a SECOND Community Tourney each month (or on selected months?) that could rotate between PLO/Mixed Games/etc?
                            That would allow all the NLHE-only people (sadly, that's me currently - but I WANT to learn some others - especially after following Negreanu's Vlogs during the 2019 WSOP and looking at the MicroMillions offerings)

Structure Preferences:

Prize Pool: $1k (of course, the highest! LOL!! - or may two $500 tourneys some months?.....see previous above)

Starting Stack: 15K (I realize a lot of people don't want to play for 10+ hours, so lower start stack is ok - but maybe we vary this up month to month too??)
                            My personal feeling is that the larger the starting stack and the longer the blind levels, the more freedom you have to "play some poker"
                            This should end in the better players going deeper more often in the long run.
                            It also allows us to practice/learn deep stacked play with relatively low risk (ie. as opposed to finding $$10K for the WSOP Main Event! LOL!!!)

The trade-off, of course, is how long do we want to play?
                            Again, my feeling is that for the number of times any of us go REALLY deep, that long tourney length is ok and very satisfying when it happens.

Contrast that to a hyper turbo, short stack - say 500 start stack, 3 min blinds with antes - to me that's much more of a coin flip and doesn't lead to the best poker
                            - one lucky hand can be the difference in the tourney, and we are playing fold/shove right from the start more or less.

OK, I REALIZE THERE ARE SKILLS TO BE LEARNED IN HYPER-TURBO / SHORT-STACKED PLAY AS WELL, SO I GET THAT, BUT TO ME IT'S NOT
                            THE TYPE OF POKER WE SHOULD BE LEARNING MOST OF THE TIME (BUT IT'S THE MOST COMMON STRUCTURE WE TEND TO FACE IN MICRO
                            LEVELS AND/OR FREEROLLS.) WE DON'T GET MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO PLAY DEEP STACKED AT THE MICRO LEVELS.

SORRY FOR ALL THE "CAPS" - JUST MY PASSION HERE - I WELCOME ALTERNATE THOUGHTS! :-) :-) :-)

Blind Levels: 10 mins (15 mins?? - see above)

Payout Structuure:30%

I think 15-20% is most common, but hey, let's share the wealth among the PokerSchool members - after all, we are hear to LEARN first and
                            make some money is secondary here - though making a few cents is NEVER a bad thing! :-). Of course we could vary this month to month as well.

Game: NLHE 9-handed, but open to others (see above). Heads Up would be fun once in a while! Also 6-Max or 3-Max

Rebuy: I prefer straight FREEROLL with no Rebuys or Top Ups - once you are out, you are out! LOL! No additional magic bullets!!
                            Rebuy options make some players play like maniacs trying to double/triple up early, knowing they can re-enter.
                            Having said that, I realize rebuys and top ups can be profitable to poker rooms and can increase total prize money, just not my personal preference

Bounties: sure. I like effsea ideas above on this - specific player bounties like previous month leaderboard winners, etc.
                            I'm not really a fan of bounties on all players/progressive KO's, as it entices you to go for a knockout when you normally wouldn't otherwise.

Gimmicks: I kind of like the idea of doing things like playing the "7 2 game" occasionally - if you win a pot playing 7-2 off, you get some kind of bonus.
                            Might be fun to try once.

Thanks for the chance to provide input to this! This makes me more driven to want to get a ticket for the monthly Community Tourneys!

I'm open to debate any of these ideas!

Thanks all and good luck on the tables!!

......................................curler1964

Comment

Working...
                            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.