PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Community Tournament - Jan 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, can you please open up the registration for the tournament early so we can use our tickets before they expire? Similar to how the big bang was set up before. I have two tickets, but will only be able to use 1 because my second one will expire around Feb. 22 which is a few days before the tournament.

Comment

so you can sit out?

cheers
      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

MattieMackz, I understand you have two tickets and don't want one ticket to go to waste of course. I guess if a player has 3 tickets about to expire, he would want registration open a month ahead of time.

But seriously, though, I'm against having it open early because the last one had 174 players sitting out twenty minutes into the game. Fifty minutes into the game there were still 129 players sitting out. The game started with 457 players. With the huge 2 hours and 10 minutes of late registration it ended with a total field of 539 players. Tourney took 7 hours and 6 minutes to finish.

The number of sitouts is really astonishing, and unfortunately makes for an unfair advantage for players who were lucky enough to sit at a table with 8 sitouts. One player I watched sat on a table like this for a full 37+ minutes. He accumulated a little over 40k in chips before another player was moved to his table (they then played with 7 sitouts). He basically started playing with a 40k+ chipstack compared to everyone else's 5k.

I know we can't stop players from sitting out, but IMO opening registration up as late as possible would help cut down on the number of sitouts. I also think late registration should be reduced or done away with.
        Last edited by edpokernut; Sun Jan 06, 2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edpokernut View Post
          I know we can't stop players from sitting out, but IMO opening registration up as late as possible would help cut down on the number of sitouts. I also think late registration should be reduced or done away with.
          100% agree with this!

Comment

I don't like the sit-outs either, but you have to remember that we cover a lot of time zones in Canada. I think the early registration has more to do with the sit-outs than the late reg, although over 2 hours of late reg does seem a little much.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

European here in Canadian forum lol....im in same boat i got a ticket but couldnt play and next month(Feb) think im in same situation again) still they are free and at least can play in Januarys.....so much sport at weekends usually....im not sure why people register then dont play but if the tickets didnt expire (as quick) maybe some would save them to at least be able to play

Comment

Stàrt time. 7:00 pm EST

Style NLHE

Starting stack $5,000

Blind level 10 minutes

Game 8-max

Payout structure 30%

No reloads,,, $20 to $50 bounties on pokerstars pros
                Prize Pool: $1000

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.