PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Tour Stop Showboat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Tour Stop Showboat

Trip report Live tour event at the Showboat.

The Event started out a little disorganized on the part of the Showboat. Registration didn’t start until around 10am and the tournament was scheduled to begin at 12 noon. Basically there was a huge line by 9:00am, and it was very slow moving. Around 10:30 it was announce that they were now shooting for a 1:00pm starting time.

I found Johnny Bravo, Kailin31, Jcastle, ReedRckwell, and espozuno standing in line and after they were registered a few of us decided on breakfast. Once I got all the PSOers registered there were 11 of us that were going to play for the seat, Johnny Bravo and myself decided not participate since we had already secured a seat.

WFNS
    Espozuno
    Jcastle
    Reed Rockwell
    Kailin31
    Siberianex
    Leader Coach
    Cingreen
    Snailarina
    Saltyboyy
    pctaces

The tournament surprisingly started at 1pm. There were 548 runners with a 1st place bringing home over $49,000 and a diamond ring. They were paying 45 places. Everyone started with 1500 in chips and levels lasting 40 minutes.

About midway through the 1st level we lost our 1st PSOer. It was Siberianex when he ran his Kings into Aces. They got em’ in on a harmless looking flop. After the 1st break we still had 10 of 11 players still in the running.

Unfortunately at the end of level 3 we lost our next PSOer. It was Gail (Snailarina) when her all-in with KK was called by 10 10 and the 3rd 10 came. Our next 2 eliminations didn’t come till the middle of the 4th level. Mike (WFNS) had a tough seating assignment playing into Kevin (Kailin31), he got short early and had been scrambling to get back in when he ran his Q10 into Kevin’s QQ and he was finished for the day. We also lost Jcastle, and Saltyboyy shortly there after.

The 2nd break came and we still had 6 player playing for the Sponsorship Points and the seat to the Live Tour Grand Final.

Cingreen w/ 9K
    Kailin31 w/ 2300
    Espozuno w/ 5650
    LeaderCoach w/ 2775
    pctaces w/ 7k
    Reed Rockwell less then 1000

On the 1st hand of the 5th level Reed Rockwell moved in UTG with his short stack and Was called by A10 and he was finished for the day. Espozuno also left us in the in the middle of the 5th level. And Kailin31 left near the end of the 5th.

We were down to 3 PSOers by the start of level 6.

Pctaces
    Cingreen
    Leadercoach

Unfortunately Larry (Leadercoach) was our next elimination. He was getting short near the end of level 6 and tried to make a move.

After the next break we were nearing the money with around 80 players left. And pctaces who was sitting patiently with a slightly below average stack was eliminated just before the dinner break. The last PSOer standing was Cingreen (pronounced Seeing green).

Congratulations Scott. See you in Vegas this Summer.

Always fun seeing everyone again and I’m looking forward to the next one already.

Nice Report Joe!

Thanks

Comment

thanks, appreciate the hard work...

Comment

The tournament surprisingly started at 1pm. There were 548 runners with a 1st place bringing home over $49,000 and a diamond ring. They were paying 45 places. Everyone started with 1500 in chips and levels lasting 40 minutes.

My friend & I were at harrah's he'd play(only 40 players) with 30 min rounds in a 300 by-in it started @ 8pm and did not end until 1AM.Was this a 2 day turny?Since it started @ 1pm it must have ended late 40min rounds are good it give you time to play

So just being the highest pso you get a free trip to Vegas? yes no or you just a free buy in?

As the other poker sites go you know the names.when you win you get a free trip hotel and spending $$$.This should be the same as pso is making $$$$$$ just like the other sites

[color=darkred]There has to be some good benifits here with so many people playing.[/color

TallyHo

Comment

Originally posted by TallyHo

My friend & I were at harrah's he'd play (only 40 players) with 30 min rounds in a 300 by-in it started @ 8pm and did not end until 1AM.Was this a 2 day turny?Since it started @ 1pm it must have ended late 40min rounds are good it give you time to play

Yes the day ended after level 12. If there were 10 or more players remaining then they would start at 2pm the following day. If there were less then the final table would resume at 4pm.

So just being the highest pso you get a free trip to Vegas? yes no or you just a free buy in?

The highest placing PSOer recieves a seat to the live tour grand final. How they get there is up to them.

As the other poker sites go you know the names.when you win you get a free trip hotel and spending $$$.This should be the same as pso is making $$$$$$ just like the other sites

This isn't my cup of tea but I feel I get my money's worth for $150/yr where I already earned that in sponsorship point with the possibility to play for a share or $50,000 more by winning another tournament.

There has to be some good benifits here with so many people playing.

Win a league/big one/live tour event/freeroll/ if your looking for money. Put a price on what you learn. Remember you get out what you put in.

TallyHo

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.