PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vegas trip for anniversary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vegas trip for anniversary

Well just got back from vegas what a trip went for our anniversity spent three days doing the tourist thing ---- then off to the Rio Wow poker heaven my wife just had to get a deck of cards so she could get as many autographs as possible, all the greats were there in the hallways and the convention room. We had a seat that was near T.J. Cloutier--the magician-- e-dog --chris ferguson howard lederer and many other young guns watching them have fun. But after a little while [ I`m not much of a spectator ] i told my wife i was going for a walk and would be right back,but as i got towards the front of the convention center i heard seat open for a 50$ buy-in that`s all it took i was in,this sattelite paid two places 200$voucher plus 25$ cash One hand that stood out was one where i was all in with a/9 os against a/q os and yes i sucked out on the river catching the nine to make two pair. making me chip leader at the table. these two same hands followed me all through the tournament ! we got down to three people and the others wanted to make a deal, this game is fast and you could be chip leader one hand and short stacked the next,we agreed that whom ever got third would get the cash 25$ from the winners needless to say winner winner chicken dinner, i now had a voucher for a 225$ super satellite. went to check on my wife she said what took so long and i showed her the slip, good thing i won! Well to keep this as short as possible i entered the super satellite which paid one winner two 500$ chips plus cash of course when you get down to three players deals would be made. got down to four players left at the table---I`m dealt A/Q os i go all in, two players fold, one player takes a long time then calls, he`s holding A/9 os, flop A 2 7 no flush or st8 i`m in the lead---the turn 10 --- i`m gettin pumped to rake in that monster pot---- the river 9 instant death he sucked out on me. so i finshed forth one place from making a deal but hey that`s poker. The next event i entered was the seniors event i had checked to see how many were entered in this event was told 108 so far,then a couple days later 325, by the time i took my seat there was 825 in this event,after 15 minutes of playing tight i finnally got A/9 all in against A/q caught the nine on the river and doubled up. they announced that because of the large field of playes the event will the changed to a two day event instead of one day----OMG i have to catch a plane in the morning---what to do? one hour goes by then two hours go by people are being eliminated fast, then three hours go by, look at the clock it shows 452 people left into the forth hour 235 people left----I`m dealt A/q os go all in, one player calls A/9 , flop no help i`m in the lead can`t wait to drag the pot, the turn another rag---i`m pumped up---the river a 9 omg i got sucked out on and i`m out. This was my first wsop and was a great experience can`t wait for next year----hoped to see some poker school reps there but didn`t find any booths there, a little disappointed but hey it does cost a good deal of money for those rooms. The people i met there were all great,having a good time, no smoking or swearing allowed in the poker room---which sooted me fine------hope i didn`t bore you i`m not a good writer or typer DEEJAY out and god bless all.

Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.