PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Trip to Johnny Bravo's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trip to Johnny Bravo's

Well the day finally arrived. I was ready to go on my 2 hour drive from NJ to West Friendship, Maryland, home of PSO's own, Johnny Bravo. I had been looking forward to this for some time, because i was going to see PSOers that I already knew, and get to meet new ones. Well I pull up to his house, head down to the basement where everyone else was, and I laid my eyes on what I can only describe as the greatest room I hav ever seen in someone's house. It was nothing short of a mini movie theater.
    But anyway back to the real reason I was there, poker. We are getting ready to start and Mr. Bravo and myself decide to do a last longer bet in the 18 man tourney we were ready to play. Natrually I outlast him with what I can only describe as some of the most brilliant moves i have ever pulled off. OK truth be told I lasted about 10 minutes longer than him after I caught someone trying to steal my blind, but was crippled when he caught runner runner straight. So I happily took Johnny Bravo's $21 dollars and have decided to bronze it and mount it on my wall. With the two side games going on after people busted, I wasnt sure which one I wanted to play, so with the help of WFnS, I decided to lend a hand to the final table and deal for them. After that was over we played a nice ring game until about 3AM and then it was another 2 hours home. All in all it was probably the most fun I have had playing poker in a very long time, and I got to meet some really good people, and oh yeah i got to take $21 from Mr. Bravo. I hope we can all get together soon and play again.

A.J.

AJ - Wasn't there mention of a new nickname for you that did not make it into your trip report? :twisted:

-Mike

Comment

Let me jump in here for a moment...

As AJ was dealing the final table he was also providing commentary - which was in a word...brilliant!. As I listened to AJ's words, I was wondering who else in this world could provide such insitefull commentary. It took a bit, but finally it came to me who AJ's comentary reminded me of. The person who came to mind was no less then one and only....Vincent Van Patten. Yes...VVP has nothing on AJ. Hence from here forward AJ will be known as the Vincent Van Patten of PSO.

Ed

Comment

DANG!! I miss all the fun~!

Thanks for the report

Comment

New Jane
          DANG!! I miss all the fun~!
          Me too ........ok..ok maybe to long trip :?

Comment

I'll make you both a deal...let me know when/if you will be in the Washington DC area and we will set up a game for you!

Ed

Comment

Ok, so what was the over/under on A.J.'s use of "He's got a wired pair!" :lol:

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.