PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to PSO >>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to PSO >>

I won my first sattelite tourney $60 buy in Act I first time I ever entered at Foxwoods for the WPT....Theres like 4 more steps to go or somthing,but at least its a start.

Anyway, my question is.I still have a hard time with the raisng structure in NL games.
    In other words what pct. of a bet should I make in correlation with the amount of chips I have and the cards I hold.
    Whats a good rule of thumb or where can I find that info specific to my question.

what I did was bet 10% of my chips on say pocket kings, and never called big raise and never called all ins unless I had the nuts and knew it was a bluff...pretty much judgement calls.

Hi Patriot...

There are only two more steps to win your entry into WPT Final Event. Since you won ACT 1 now you go onto play ACT 2 and if you win that you will win your entry into the ACT 3 which is a mutlitable tourney. Good luck to you in it and hope to meet you there!

Mags
    @¿@¬

Comment

hi patriot

maggie is correct next step act2 win that an your off to act 3 were for every ten who play act 3 there will be a $10,200 seat awarded for the WPT event.
      I have my act3 seat for june 5th hope to see you in it. can't miss me i'll have my pso hat on.

Comment

Re: Thanks to PSO >>

Originally posted by Patriot12
        I won my first sattelite tourney $60 buy in Act I first time I ever entered at Foxwoods for the WPT....Theres like 4 more steps to go or somthing,but at least its a start.

Anyway, my question is.I still have a hard time with the raisng structure in NL games.
        In other words what pct. of a bet should I make in correlation with the amount of chips I have and the cards I hold.
        Whats a good rule of thumb or where can I find that info specific to my question.

what I did was bet 10% of my chips on say pocket kings, and never called big raise and never called all ins unless I had the nuts and knew it was a bluff...pretty much judgement calls.
        Congrats on your sat win and good luck in the Act II.

There are some good resources on PSO in regards to bet size:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/pok...e-lesson02.htm

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/pok...h-lesson17.htm

Shaky

Comment

Maggie,
          Thanks for your reply,I had a flyer in my pocket I just never looked at it. I need a lot more practice before I go to Act II. i usually go to Fxwds Wed. nites and play 5- 10 H'em.Thats how I ended up in the satilitte game I was getting my butt kicked and happned to wander over (in a daze) to the satilite area on my way out and decided to give it a shot.And it turned out well.
          Oh yeah...
          I wear my sunglasses at night
          So I can, So I can
          Forget your name, while you collect your claim
          (great tune for poker and other sports :wink

Kid lucky,
          Act III...hey man thats what I'm talkin.Good job, I can only dream at my level of play.
          Hey what time are you playing on June 5?
          Maybe I'll go down and give you some support.
          Lots O'luck anyways.

Shaky,
          Thank you very much for those links.Somtimes I'm just plain lost when it comes to betting and raisings and calling.There is so many layers to this game and it all has to jell...and then hope for some cards.
          Thanks again

Comment

10 am

i usely show up about 9 am i'm due as this will be my 14th act3. 6 back in oct nov for world finals an 7 for the NEPC in april.

Comment

I share your pain Charlie!!! The NEPC was brutal... how many times did we bubble???? LMAO

Comment

[/quote]10 am

i usely show up about 9 am i'm due as this will be my 14th act3. 6 back in oct nov for world finals an 7 for the NEPC in april[quote]

Kid how many tables at Act III usually? Full?

Whats the closest you ever came to advancing from actIII?

Comment

6 to 12 tables an missed by two seats

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.