PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears and BHAT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears and BHAT

When Bruce and I decided to take a driving trip to Yellowstone, and I realized we would be coming home via Gillette, WY, I emailed Bhat because I figured he would be able to steer me to a poker game.

Before I talk about that, let me tell you that I am now convinced that God spent at least 3 of the 6 days of creation on Yellowstone and Great Tetons. Wyoming is absolutely incredible this time of year. It was my first time to see Yellowstone and all points between Fargo and this area. WOW. We drove all around the parks and saw most all the wildlife EXCEPT the bears. Well, I did see two, but they were so far off the road that my telescoping lense didn't even do it justice.

If you haven't been to this glorious part of our great country, let me encourage you do visit Wyoming. However, I must caution you about BHAT's poker buds A $23 buy in NLHE tourney held on Wednesday in some machine shop somewhere in Gillette featuring a bunch of railroad workers and some cowboys tossed in for color was one of the highlights of my trip!

Bhat met Bruce and I beforehand, and we shared a few great memories from PSO conventions...then I followed Bhat to the game. He introduced me to all the guys ( and two women) and about 24 started the tourney. 1500 starting chips, blinds doubling every half hour, starting at 10-20. Bhat was at my first ( and only ) table. I managed to call off about half my stack before I called an all in raise when I was dealt AK diamonds. The all in guy had pocket fours, I didn't improve, and was left with about 275. I wasn't long for the tourney, but I stuck around and cheered for Bhat who finished a respectable 3rd! I am sure the reason he finished in the money is because I offered to deal when it was down to 6, and I managed to toss him a couple of river cards when he needed them!

There is just something about Bhat that you gotta love. Maybe it's his big bear appearance. Maybe it's his gentle demeanor. Maybe it's just cause he likes me and I like him a whole lot! Whatever the mix is, it works, and I am so happy to call him my friend. Thanks, my friend, for including me. And thanks for sharing your lovely state with me this past week.

We are on the last leg of our journey, and tomorrow night finds us in Deadwood, me, knee deep in a NLHE tourney at the Gold Dust.

See you all this weekend!!

The only thing I love about Bee Hat is that one time for every ten in which we're both in a pot, I get his chips.

The other nine times, I tend to hate his guts.

Big "no bee hat fan" Sissy

Comment

I like him because for some strange reason he always respects my bets..........which I use to great advantage.

I love the guy and call him a friend.

If Jane is the Mother of PSO, Larry is the Father.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.