PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aladdin Las Vegas- May '05

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aladdin Las Vegas- May '05

I was in Las Vegas for a convention at the Paris the week of May 9. I popped over to the Aladdin and was pleasantly surprised at the very nice poker room. The Aladdin does a Mon thru Thurs breakfast tourney( NL Hold 'em) for 30 bucks (10 AM). Then they do another tournament at 1 PM. I played in 2 morning tourneys and both had over 100 entries. Very friendly place and the play was widely varied. Certainly competitive for even an intermediate player. I also played in the 100 dollar entry Friday Noon tourney. 90 entrants and I am happy to report that I made the final table and placed 6. Got paid 525 bucks. The dealers and poker room staff are very accomodating and friendly. They are a bit lax with some of the technical points of poker so that beginners will feel comfortable. For instance, at one point someone's muck barely touched my cards (that I momentarily had unprotected by a spinner). Well, the table yelled muck, but the dealer said no. He warned me to protect my cards at all cost, and then continued with the hand. He said that the Aladdin wants to play by the rules, but he wasn't going to enforce it under the circumstances. He had an accomodating attitude. At any rate, I recommend the Aladdin. A great place to play NL Hold 'em in a tournament without breaking the bank. A very nice place for a first visit to a B & M or for someone to get comfortable with live play in a tournament format. Videopokerman
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.