PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women Only

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women Only

Why ; Are they less intelligent ; Are men less deserving of gender specific tournaments and leagues . Sexism? . You tell me.

evil:
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Mans Point Of View
      Originally posted by Roslyn_akka View Post
      evil:
      I,d be lying if I said I didn't want you to play with me .

Comment

You should do your research - there is at least one MEN only tournament on PS. The reason they offer so many separate tourneys for women is to attract more women to the game. It's a marketing decision, not discrimination.

BTW, when was the last time you saw FT chat like this: gg, gl, bad beat gg, ul gg, etc.? You will see it in the community home games and the women's games, almost never anywhere else. Do you wish an opponent gl at a final table? It costs nothing to be encouraging, and helps make new players more at ease.

I've never understood why some men are so bothered about women only events. In the long run, anything that brings in new players is good for poker.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Not even Full of it.

Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
          You should do your research - there is at least one MEN only tournament on PS. The reason they offer so many separate tourneys for women is to attract more women to the game. It's a marketing decision, not discrimination.

BTW, when was the last time you saw FT chat like this: gg, gl, bad beat gg, ul gg, etc.? You will see it in the community home games and the women's games, almost never anywhere else. Do you wish an opponent gl at a final table? It costs nothing to be encouraging, and helps make new players more at ease.

I've never understood why some men are so bothered about women only events. In the long run, anything that brings in new players is good for poker.

When you find that MENS only, you will be named researcher of the year. Find a aged based or race based tournament while your at it . G/l . If this sites interest was more players why did they split the player pool by buying FULLTILT. I think you will find their main base for anything is more CASH ! I don't play for FUN and niceties at a table are for players that are not busy playing poker. Good Luck at your table.

Comment

I know one called Cowboys Full. runs every week on Sunday.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

But 22 meandu i open to play poker with you ofc if you feel you are missing out. I am always open for challenge umbup:
              Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                I know one called Cowboys Full. runs every week on Sunday.

John (JWK24)

He doesn't play for FUN John, the Cowboys Full is a FUN game using Play Chips, so that our friends in the USA can partake.

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Curran View Post
                  He doesn't play for FUN John, the Cowboys Full is a FUN game using Play Chips, so that our friends in the USA can partake.

If you think I'm looking at ANY tourney as for fun, you'd be sorely, sorely mistaken.

buy-in don't mean anything Bill.... there are a number of players that will treat that the same as a higher buy-in major live cash tourney. use the homegames as an example

If I'm in something, I'm in it to win it, whether it's a freeroll or a WSOP tourney.

John (JWK24)
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I thought the boobs graphic was funny. Mine are very hairy - If it puts people off I'll take my shirt off online. So it's rubbish talking gender vs skill. Play with respect to everyone. Now, I have to stop using the "donkey" graphic button in chat after a hand, are they well hung men or women? Well, this isn't going to read good tomorrow. But respect, it takes time at the tables - it's a screen name and thousands of hands. Nothing to do with men vs women. Basic poker. umbup:

Comment

Go to Tourney Private and see [as a male] how many eligible games are there for you. Pink is Stink . I,ll stop this whinge when I see as many male [or at least one pensioner and two transvestite] only tournaments.
                      And thank you JWK24 .
                      Your pointless example leads me to believe your point of view is lacking intellectual cognitivity. Next you will be informing me of the fact that I can start a home game and invite my preference of shape, size or colour.

Comment

Why don't you e-mIl support@pokerstars.com to register your disgust at this?

PSO run tournaments are open to all, so whining (To use an expression close to that you used yourself) here about it doesn't achieve a lot really.

While I am neutral on the matter, Tournaments run if there is demand there for them, so there is clearly a demand for the tournament/s you are complaining about. Perhaps 'educating' the misguided people who are playing it would also be a better use of time?

Comment

Reminder to all Insults in the forum directed at other members or staff will not be tolerated. If you are going to post in the forum please do so with respect for other members. All posts are reviewed and any that are found insulting or offensive will be deleted and the poster will loose their forum privileges at PSO. Thank you for your understanding. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Maybe meandu's gonna get what he wanted. All the women's club events seem to have disappeared this week.

Comment

NO

Originally posted by darkman61 View Post
                              maybe meandu's gonna get what he wanted. All the women's club events seem to have disappeared this week.
                              i want men only tournaments . :d

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.