PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghuzulty Cowboy's Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghuzulty Cowboy's Challenge

Welcome!

I'll be doing the Cowboy's Challenge starting today and sharing my experience in this thread. The goal is to increase my starting bankroll of 6.25$ to 12.50$ after 100 SnG games. I will dedicate this first week to studying SnG and start playing next week.

Big thanks to WeaselBasher for generously providing me the initial bankroll, making this a risk-free learning experience for me. Wish me luck!

Progress
    Level - $0.25c 45 man Sit n Go's
    1 games played.

Starting Balance - $6.25
    Current Balance - $6.00
    Profit - $0.00

Average finish - 11th

Tournaments

Tournament ID / Position / Bankroll Change
    #969697312 / 11th Place / -0.25$
    Last edited by Ghuzulty; Fri Sep 12, 2014, 10:37 AM.

Best of Luckumbup: Learn lotsumbup: Don't forget....play nice and tight for the first 3 or 4 blind levels Spacegravy won't tell you wrong, even though the videos are for 9 seat Sit and Go...I found the information invaluable

Comment

oh and by the way....this isn't easy, so don't worry, but have the confidence to play when you think you are ahead of the opposition.

Comment

Thanks! I watched Early and Middle Stages today, I thought my play was pretty tight but I was wrong. Compared to his advice I normally play lower pairs(22,33,44..) less often and play big suited connectors like KQs, QJs more often. His approach does make sense to me though after all the examples he showed. We'll see how this new information will play out in the table soon enough.

Comment

If you watch the videos and stick to the strategy it will work in the long run. Gidee Up!

Comment

I hope so, well played in those hands! I finished the series, my heads-up play was mostly correct but my bubble play needs to be more loose, especially with position. I finished the series earlier than I expected so I'll just start playing now.

Comment

Ok Good Luck,,,and by the way, 19honu62 IS the Cowboy, who started these Challenges, and also the player in the Spacegravy series of videos.................. Howdy ! Just been railing you, unlucky with KK, but the 33 quads was SWEET!umbup:

Comment

Haha, thanks! Unlucky with KKs today lost 2/2. Game over, 11th place. Unfortunately didn't make money but not too bad for the first tournament. I have questions about a couple of hands but I'm happy with my play for the most part. Here is the (very unlucky) last hand.
                Last edited by Ghuzulty; Fri Sep 12, 2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

yip unlucky,Keep grinding!umbup: When I railed you I thought you played well...so don't worry. some tips.. The 45 man has Starting Chips 1500. 1500X45 = 67500. Number of places paid is 7, (used to be six I'm sure of it!), so to work out a GUIDE to aim for, 67500 (total chips in play) divided by 7 (places paid) = a target/average chipstack to get in places paid 9642. Of course, you could get onto the final table with much less, and still come through and win

Comment

Yup, just reached final table with ~2.5k chips in my 2nd tournament. I'll update when it finishes.

Comment

You're doing very well, remember POSITION, and if you need to STEAL with a raise, but fold if any response, unless you have a goodish hand

Comment

2nd Tourney over and I got 3rd place! I made some small misplays towards the end.. will be looking to improve in the following days. 2 down, 98 to go!

p.s It seems like I can't edit my main post for some reason :/

Progress
                        2 games played.

Starting Balance - $6.25
                        Current Balance - $7.45
                        Profit - $1.20

Average finish - 7th

Tournaments

#969697312 / 11th Place / -$0.25 ($6.00)
                        #969726899 / 3rd Place / +$1.45 ($7.45)
                        Last edited by Ghuzulty; Fri Sep 12, 2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

YAY !!!!! Congrats!!!!umbup:

Comment

Thanks!! Now that I feel a bit more comfortable, time to try multitabling. 2 tables is always a good start.

Comment

As I said, I played two tournaments. After losing one of them early (21st place) I somehow managed to get 1st place in the other one!!

Progress
                              4 games played.

Starting Balance - $6.25
                              Current Balance - $10.18
                              Profit - $3.93

Average finish - 9th

Tournaments

#969697312 / 11th Place / -$0.25 ($6.00)
                              #969726899 / 3rd Place / +$1.45 ($7.45)
                              #969852142 / 21st Place / -$0.25($7.20)
                              #969850706 / 1st Place / +$2.98 ($10.18)
                              Last edited by Ghuzulty; Fri Sep 12, 2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.