PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice request

Hi

I am looking at tracking my progress and can't rely on HM/PT for it. I would like some advice on the best way to do this.

My initial thoughts were to put the data into a spreadsheet and use the inbuilt graphs within excel to visualize the data.

So since I only really play tournaments/sit & gos, I believe that the key metrics I need to be taking account of would be :

: Buyins
    : Winnings
    : Current Bankroll

So then the formula would be Bankroll + (winnings-buyin) updated after each single event :

EG :
    Event 1, bankroll is $100, buyin is $5, winnings are $0, so value for entry #1 is $95
    Event 2, bankroll is $95, buyin is $5, winnings are $20, so value for entry #2 is $115
    Event 3, bankroll is $115, buyin is $5, winnings are $0, so value for entry #1 is $110
    Event 4, bankroll is $110, buyin is $5, winnings are $0, so value for entry #1 is $105

So based on that, the graph would dip below $100 at first, then rise to $115 and then steadily dip down

Is this a good concept to use?

Also, i imagine that over say 500 events, the chart will look better than one i do over a small sample?

Any advice, free tools or methods are appreciated

Here's a nice one:

http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com...ds-example.htm

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.