PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul's Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul's Challenge

Hi everyone my name is Paul

The Challenge

To play 3500 $3.50 Turbo 6 Max STT's by the end of the year.

I know it's not a lot to some people. But with a full time job working shifts and a family. It is going to be a challenge for me.

My Goals

Play 350 games per month
    Have a minimum ROI of 10%
    Reach SilverStar VIP Status each month
    Spend time reviewing hands and strategy
    Update blog and post hands for review

Tools

I have HM2
    Ordered Collin Moshman Sit N Go Strategy to read
    Looking at getting either Sngwiz or ICMIZER

Bankroll

$350

Long Term Goals

I want to build my bankroll and move up the levels. Not setting a time frame just want to concentrate on playing consistent with a good roi. Then when I have the bankroll and feel comfortable will move up to the next level. Will be starting off playing 4 tables for 4-5 hours a night 3-4 nights a week. Hopefully be able to add more tables to add more volume.

Will post when I can updating on how I'm doing and some hands. Any tips, advice or suggestions are always welcome. So feel free to comment or send me a pm if you prefer.

Good luck and run good! See you at the top of the planet leaderboards, I've got quite a lot of experience in these 6-man hypers so if you have any questions fire away.

Wishing you plenty 1sts no 3rds!
    Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Best of luck with your goal! It looks solid.
      I love that you have a full time job + family and still persue your ambitions heavely in poker.

With that attitude towards poker, you'll make it! Have an awesome year.

Comment

Good luck with the challenge

Comment

I guess you're not going to play 6 max hyper turbo ? 350 hyper turbos / month is less than 500 Vpps for Silverstar and a minimum of 10 % ROI is not a realistic goal in these (possible but not something you can achieve consistently)

Good luck with the challenge.

Comment

Thanks for the support.

I'm playing the turbos not the hyper turbos. They have a higher rake than the hypers so it will give me the required points for silver star. Was unsure about the roi targets for these. Hopefully i haven't set it to high. Will know by the end of the year.

Any regular STT's out there? I'm after what stats they are using in their HUD's? How they are going about reviewing their sessions/ hands?

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.