PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandtrap's 2014 Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandtrap's 2014 Updates

Hey everybody,

Been a while since I posted, but I did say I would drop in once in a while, well today is that day. First, I have to say that I did say something to someone in a PM which warranted me a ban for a month, so be very careful of what you say around PSO. Because I get very verbally emotional when someone who knows not what he/she speaks of and keeps arguing because he/she thinks they are right, I will be posting here ONLY. I'll be staying away from trouble....LOL and I hope the trouble makers will stay away from MY thread.

So, what have I been doing lately besides photography? Well every night I play about 600-700 hands (just less than an hour on the average), which is 1/3 of what I use to play. During the month ban, since I had no access to the school, I visited other sites to learn a new game and PLO it is.

PLO is a very volatile game, there's so much variance that a 3-4 buy-in swing is very normal. I quickly learned that pocket A's in PLO is not as strong as in NLH. Since I didn't have much experience (none for that matter), I decided to play tight at first and take lots of notes on the players.

Since January 1st, I played a total of 6,400 hands of NL 6-max Zoom and did ok, here's my NLH graph:

Also from January 1st, I've played 19,200 hands of PLO which I'm starting to like, here's my PLO graph:

Overall, for the first 38 days, I've made a profit of $8,662 plus $200 in rewards, 15,000 Vpp's and 40, 000 Fpp's, not bad for playing just less than an hour a day.

During January I also took advantage of a good promotion, the January Challenge. I participated almost every day. I didn't play the storms and didn't deposit, so I played a total of 23 days and made $244.92 and won $6.45 in lottery for a total of $251.37. Taking advantage of any promotions and making it work is beneficial.

During the month, I also made a little video of 6-max PLO .05/.10 for someone which you can find here (sorry no sound):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BroA2iK3sEI

I could post some hands, but there's so many. If you want to see some of them (especially PLO, go to Boomplayer.com, do a search for me and then sort for most recent and enjoy.

For now that's it, see you next time around

yahoo......please stop asking me for money dad

Great to see you back Dude

Cheers Man
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

welcome back.. nice to see the attempt at plo, and a successful one so far, you mention a 3-4 bi swings, lol i remeber one session recently i had i started with $10 and ran that to over 200 in a couple hours playing .02/.04 and also .05/.10, but have had losses of near 8 bi in a session, very swingy game indeed, depending on your style of play i guess to, and looking at your graph for it id say you are really tight as there doesnt look to be many swings, only took a quick observation though, anyway gl at plo, and will be avoiding you at the tables umbup:

Comment

Great to see you back Sandtrap.

Continuing to crush the tables I see/

Comment

Welcome back Trap - nice to see you out of the bunker.

Nice results!

Comment

2 nice looking Graphs Sandtrap.

shall be searching boom to have a look at some of those hands.

Grade b
            I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Was starting to wonder if you were really doing lots of photography or what

Wow, those PLO graphs look spectacular! You should see mine from last month lol

Comment

No words can best describe for your talent, Sandsumbup:

Comment

Great results. Mistakes are easier to make in PLO (4 vs 2 cards) so it can be a gold mine as well as a mine field.

Comment

Weeeee Backkk. Trap...

Awesome graph.

PH

Comment

Beast

Comment

WOW, nice to see your back i couldnt imagine stop playing poker if i could make that much money. GLumbup:

Comment

Just a little brag

I got invited to Beta test the new version of PokerStars7. So why not test it while playing some Zoom PLO. I played 99 hands, made 89 VPP's, but the best happening was a profit of $494.26...woohoo

Here are the 3 biggest pots

Will be back next month for my update

Comment

Looking good as ever Sandtrap - and seem to be adding yet more skill-sets and more variety to your game even though poker is not your main focus now.

I know you are mainly a cash player these days - but your tournament record is pretty good too.

So wondering if are you going to play the 8th anniversary Sunday Million?

I think you would definitely have a big edge on what will be a bloated field.

Best of luck in all your games.

Ed
                            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Ed, Thanks for your comments. As for the Sunday Million, I might..... will see As you noticed, I played 100 hands in about 30 minutes and I then quit. Mtt's last very very long and I don't seem to have that patience for over 2 hours as I use to. But that Sunday Million sounds very interesting. I might put it up for a stake, will see. umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.