PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Work in Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Work in Progress

This year, i set goal to practice "Good Bankroll Management", that i failed to do just couple of days after setting my goal

It's still not too late as it is the 1 st month of the year, so i decided to take up a challenge to practice it.

Also create a staking thread that was set-up for another "Good Bankroll Management" Challenge and a chance to play for Bigger buy-in by playing set of games specifically satellite with 5-10 seats guaranteed. In this fixed buy-in for each game and i need to ask investors permission for any changes i plan to make.

Looking forward this year to improved my game and practice "Good Bankroll Management" whole year.

Another goal this year is to get familiar using tracking device PT4 and get used to it as at present i got distracted when i'm playing with it.

Most importantly i need to take a break at least a day each week and study, study,study.

PH

Good luck PH.

Bankroll can be so simple yet so difficult, it does seem to stop many good players from reaching their full potential.

If you need help with tracking software start a new thread or drop me a PM. I use HEM and struggled with the HUD at the start but now can't do without it. You can start by switching it off or (in my case) dimming it down so it's barely visible. It also helps if you keep your HUD as simple as possible. Start by using just VPiP, PFR, 3Bet and AggF. You can always add more stats when you are confident about reading and understanding these. A HUD is only a tool to give you extra information. Nothing beats good solid play on your part so use PT more to analyse your own stats.

Hope you can achieve your goals.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck with it! Good bankroll management is the key to success!

S-G

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalman View Post
        Good luck PH.

Bankroll can be so simple yet so difficult, it does seem to stop many good players from reaching their full potential.

If you need help with tracking software start a new thread or drop me a PM. I use HEM and struggled with the HUD at the start but now can't do without it. You can start by switching it off or (in my case) dimming it down so it's barely visible. It also helps if you keep your HUD as simple as possible. Start by using just VPiP, PFR, 3Bet and AggF. You can always add more stats when you are confident about reading and understanding these. A HUD is only a tool to give you extra information. Nothing beats good solid play on your part so use PT more to analyse your own stats.

Hope you can achieve your goals.
        Thanks Ovalman, i'll PM you whenever i need stat to interpret.

Right now i'm using M to how many orbit left before i run out of chips, VPiP, PFR.

I upload a friend HUD with color codes and i need to fix my seat to seat 3 so i can see suit i have.

Starting to get used to it and hope good results will come later.

Good Luck to you as well.

PH
        Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Sat Jan 18, 2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake-glory View Post
          Good luck with it! Good bankroll management is the key to success! S-G
          Agree 101%umbup:umbup:umbup: Thanks for dropping by. PH .

Comment

Played 5 satellites to Big and Hot and no ticket won.

Played 1.65+R Sunday Million got crippled early and got a mini comeback but 22 loss to A9.

Played Big Bang Satellite with 10 seats guaranteed for 70 FPP and won ticket.

PokerStars Tournament #850822135, No Limit Hold'em
            Super Satellite
            Buy-In: 70 FPP
            51 players
            Total Prize Pool: 7000 FPP
            Target Tournament #850193455
            10 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2014/01/18 13:00:00 ET

Dear PINOY_HITMAN,

You finished the tournament in 4th place. You qualified to play in Tournament #850193455 and are automatically registered for it. See Tournament #850193455 Lobby for further details.

Comment

VIP $30,000 Weekly [100FPP]

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...444_CE75911154

quad 7
              http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...616_66532C08FE

AK
              http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...694_05E3D30720
              loss a flip

KQ
              http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...760_A434629F77
              double up

10BB
              http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...910_E2DF7060BC
              run into AA
              Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Sat Jan 18, 2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

2nd Big Bang Ticket via 70 FPP

PokerStars Tournament #850822138, No Limit Hold'em
                Super Satellite
                Buy-In: 70 FPP
                39 players
                Total Prize Pool: 7000 FPP
                Target Tournament #850193455
                10 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2014/01/21 13:00:00 ET

Dear PINOY_HITMAN,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place.

This qualifies you for a seat in Tournament #850193455. As you are already registered in this tournament, your account has been credited with T-USD 11.00. Tournament US Dollars can be used to buy into any tournament.

Comment

PokerStars Tournament #850826809, No Limit Hold'em
                  Super Satellite
                  Buy-In: $1.50/$0.15 USD
                  310 players
                  Total Prize Pool: $465.00 USD
                  Target Tournament #850817697 Buy-In: $16.50 USD
                  28 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2014/01/21 12:43:00 ET

Dear PINOY_HITMAN,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. You qualified to play in Tournament #850817697 and are automatically registered for it. See Tournament #850817697 Lobby for further details.

---------------------

30BB left when i enter the Main event.

Basically almost in push and fold situation in few minutes as blinds is about to go up.

Manage to DU buy last flip did not held
                  http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...456_0F9616684C

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...388_8B6B6C045F

Comment

Deep run in PSL

Got a needed deep run in PSL to keep my hope in staying in the League next month.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...574_8C840491C4
                    trying to push deeper but run into monster

exit hand
                    http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...599_A63F72EF5C
                    standard river

Comment

PokerStars Tournament #858298349, No Limit Hold'em
                      Buy-In: $0.91/$0.09 USD
                      45 players
                      Total Prize Pool: $40.95 USD
                      Tournament started 2014/01/31 1:46:29 ET

Dear PINOY_HITMAN,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 12.73 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

------------------------

At last got a long waited legitimate win.

Play it for Team BR COOP 10 Member Challenge.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...roll-challenge

Comment

This month got a little upswing but bubble Final Table of $2.2R, 8K Gtd. with last minute registration and spend only buy-in + add-on.

Sunday Million Anniversary comes only once in a year so i'm making an exception for BR Management and getting some backers and selling shares so i can do a direct buy-in.

Good Luck all at poker tables.

One Time Big Time for 2014 is near.

PH

Comment

Yesterday got a good deep run into 2 Sunday Million Satellite Freerolll but came short.

Got another 2 Sunday Million Satellite Today.

Able to exchange my overtime duty today and my day off tomorrow was granted.

Will take a good lunch and take some sleep and will do some exercise and will buy some donuts

Good Luck to all PSO'ers who will go for a run into Sunday Million 8th Anniversary.

PH

Comment

PS shutdown my real money access.

Right now i'm trying to learn the 6-max from other site and start to enjoy it due to achievements earn but no learning forum like here.

Played PM in PS Home games and got some fun. Down by flu right now so i can't play a long tourney so 6-max is the way to play short game.

Good Luck PSO'ers

PH

Comment

Great news that you have found a Site, Joumbup: As for Spin and Go you can play with Play Money (I can on this site anyway)

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.