PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2014 Poker Career Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2014 Poker Career Launch

I have been kicking the idea of turning from recreational poker player to pro for quite some time and I have finally decided that 2014 is going to be the year. I am still working on my full plan of attack and list of goals which I will share along the way; but this is going to be big. I am starting out small as I do not have a huge bankroll to invest at the moment; but the $3.50 SNG is where I will be beginning this epic journey.

Welcome to PSO.

Good Luck in your goal.

PH

Comment

Day one is now done; I managed to put in 2 sets of 4 $3.50 9 seat SNG's.

My results were: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 7th.

Total Amount Spent: $28.00
      Total Amount Won: $42.00

Total Profit: $14.00

Playing only 4 at a time allowed to me to have greater focus on my game as well as my opponents. From my perspective my biggest area of opportunity right now is getting involved in big pots early. As enticing as it seems early on to get all of my chips in the middle with a pair of A's or K's I find 70% of the time these hands fall to two pair or trips even when no flush or straight draws are possible. Going forward I am going to attempt to severely limit the amount of chips I am willing to play with in the early stages of these SNG's.

My goal for tomorrow is to get another 8 games under my belt and I looking for $1.25 average profit per game; for a total profit of $10.

Comment

Hi DubSheets, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions. You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there! umbup: Joss
        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for welcome messages and kind words; it is funny I have been playing on Poker Stars for geeze, must be 5-6 years if not more now and just stumbled onto this site they have. Seems to be a lot of good quality information and for a guy who never plans to stop learning and improving his poker game I couldn't be happier finding such a resource.

I happened to find some more time this evening and just completed another 4 rounds of the $3.50 SNG's. Mediocre results this round; I did find that as planned I have tightened up quite a bit in the early phase though I don't think this directly caused my results. The hands I went out on without making it to the money were all once the blinds were fairly high and I got my chips into the middle with the favorite hand and just ended up on the losing end for this batch.

Results: 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th

Total Amount Spent: $42.00 (+$14.00)
          Total Amount Won: $50.39 (+$8.39)

Total Profit: $8.39 (-$5.61)

Planning on getting one or two more rounds in; hopefully with some better results; before my head hits the pillow tonight!

Comment

Good luck with your challenge

Comment

Oh, an STT player - nice!! I used to play those before switching to cash - they seem to be great for people who multi-table well ... GL with your goals umbup:

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.