PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiser's Poker Goals 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiser's Poker Goals 2014

Raiser’s Poker Goals 2014
    Thanks to all who left some tips in my rant thread about posting poker goals. I’ve taken on-board all the advice given and below you’ll find both my short and long term poker goals. Firstly the long term goals. 5 Year Plan 2014 – Achieve SilverStar Status each month and make a profit in any month playing 10NL – 25NL 2015 – Achieve GoldStar in any month and make a profit playing 10NL – 25NL 2016 – Achieve GoldStar every month and make a profit playing 25NL – 50NL 2017 – Achieve PlatinumStar every month and make a profit playing 50NL – 200NL 2018 – Achieve SuperNova status and make a profit playing 100NL upwards. The 5 year plan above is an overview of the main objectives each year. Plan for 2014 Starting Bankroll - $500 Main Objectives for 2014
    • Achieve SilverStar Status each month and make a profit in any month playing a minimum of 20,000 hands at 10NL – 25NL
    Sub-goals for 2014: Learning - Each month play 10NL – 25NL on PokerStars. Spend a minimum of 3-4 hours each week studying and reviewing hand histories. Attend at least one Live Training session or watch at least one video on Cash Game poker. Post at least two hands for review in the Hand Analysis section and have a minimum of one session with a coach each month. Post graphs in the forum. Social & Fun – Take at least one day off from the tables each week. One in a while get out to a live game and away from the computer. Spend 25% of any FPPs earned each month on a reward from the PokerStars VIP store. I’d love to have a shot at a larger live tourney, like the Irish Poker Open or a UKIPT event. Mini-goals – Spend 75% of any FPPS earned each month on FPP satties to either the Big Bang or the Sunday Storm, Play in the VIP Weekly’s and take part in any PokerStars promotion that I am eligible for and/or have an interest in. Reviewing Progress – Each week on Friday evenings I will post a weekly review summing up how the week went with any profit/loss and anything that I have learnt from the week. I’ll post a graph and links to any hands that I posted for review. I’ll tick off the following checkboxes as they are achieved each week: Week One
    • 3-4 Hours Study
    • Attend Live Training Session
    • 2 Hand Reviews
    • Monthly Coaching Session
    • 20K Monthly Hands
    • Post Graphs
    • Take a Day Off
    • VIP Store Reward
    • FPP Satties
    • Play VIP Weekly
    I think the above goals fall within the S.M.A.R.T. framework for goal-setting. They are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Thanks again to all of you that contributed to this thread, you’re input and advice was very much appreciated. Finally, wishing every PokerSchoolOnline member that is goal-setting for 2014 the very best of luck! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

That's a heck of a plan you've got there!

Like you say - it's SMART.

I'm looking forward to seeing your ups and downs as you go on through the challenge!

Comment

Nice one! Seems lke you've really taken it to heart, well done RR ^_^

Comment

Looks good Paul!

Don't forget to spend enough time with friends and family, very important. Good luck in 2014!
        Time Vault Champion 2013

Comment

Really a SMART Goal.

Good Luck RR

PH

Comment

Good luck Paul.

Nice set of goals there.

Comment

Achievable goals there and a good long term plan. Must admit I'd never heard of SMART goals until Sandtrap mentioned them.

What is VIP store reward?
              Last edited by Ovalman; Fri Jan 03, 2014, 12:27 PM. Reason: added what is VIP store reward.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Wow, that turned out so great RR ... looks like you're picking up where Sandtrap left off, showing us all the way umbup: Really like that photo with the word 'possible' ... it's so positive Best of luck with 2014!! umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalman View Post
                  What is VIP store reward?
                  Hi Ovalman, Basically just rewarding myself each month by spending some FPPs in the VIP Store: http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/store/ Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                    Hi Ovalman, Basically just rewarding myself each month by spending some FPPs in the VIP Store: http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/store/ Raiser umbup:
                    Yeah, just wasn't sure what you meant by it.
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Having a 5 year plan is maybe something we could all learn from, it seems you are taking a sensible approach and taking your time with your goals, i shall be watching this blog with interest.

All the best ImpacPoint.

Comment

I did say that I would be lurking around and this is definitely a thread that I'll be checking once in a while Paul, you're heading in the right direction. This reminds me of the days that I attended seminars on "Goal Setting". Just remember to always read your long term goals and adjust your short term goals in accordance to your progress. Very attainable goals, now the work begins.....Good Luck umbup:umbup:

Comment

Cheers guys, I watched one video today:
                          One thing that was very clear from watching the video was how much I need to improve on my preflop aggression. Felix is very good at that and I saw him 3-betting preflop with hands like whereas I would normally just flat in the blinds maybe with a holding like that. Felix was good in explaining his thought process as to why he 3-bets or just flat-calls in certain spots. It's a very good video. Played 1K hands last night and lost 2 buy-ins. I'm going to quickly look over the session in HM2 before firing up the tables again tonight. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Looking back at some hands from last night. The hand where I lost the most money was just unlucky, I ran my AA into 88 and my opponent flopped a monster with quads. He disguised it very well by just flatting me on every street until the River where he 3-bet for value but almost impossible for me to fold in that spot. I don't think there was anything I could have done on that hand to get away from it, just one of those things.
                            Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                            The hand where I won the most money was role-reversal. I flat called out of position where I should have 3-Bet I guess and flopped a very strong hand. The turn brought the one card that should have helped my opponent but instead crippled him. I got lucky in this hand.
                            Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                            I've posted one hand in the Hand Analysis section which I think I played very poorly. I really think that in the long-term this exercise will help me plug those leaks in my game Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good to see you've set up a plan for the comming years! I'll certainly occasionally check this thread to look at your progress. Gl with your plan!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.