PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killeraxa's 2014 Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killeraxa's 2014 Challenge

Cash games

Starting by 4 tabling zoom 6-max zoom starting at 2NL with 25 buyins
    5NL zoom 6-max when BR reaches $150 if I 10 buyins I will return to 2NL
    10NL zoom 6-max when BR reaches $500 if I lose 20 buyins i will return to 5NL
    25NL zoom 6-max when BR reaches $1125 If I lose 15 buyins I will return to 10 NL

SNG

Avoid at all cost

Tournaments

Will play 5 micro tournaments a week not including the VIP tournaments and special events if I have the BR to afford them.

Goals

Yearly Goal

Make a profit of $1000+
    Become a 25NL reg
    Avoid playing SNG unless its a satellite
    Beat Adohole and Kwolf in profit

Monthly Goal

Achieve Silverstar+
    Do a end of month HH session
    Qualify for the Big Bang
    Play Monthly VIP Tournaments

Weekly Goals

Make sure I'm on track with VPP's
    Watch 2 educational videos
    Review HH where $$ was lost
    Play VIP tournaments

Daily goals

A minimum of 2000 hands per day
    Atleast 2 hours per day of gameplay
    Take breaks away from poker when tilted or bored

I am a recreational player who just enjoys playing the game, that and making a small profit are what matters. If I happen to go busto, Then I will reload and do it all over again. I will never give up on poker.

EDIT: My starting BR was actually $32 I didn't deposit to get $50 lol now I have $101 after week 1

Update #1 of Goals: I will be 8 tabling 5NL zoom with a $200 BR. The same rule applies for me to go 10NL, I need a BR of $500
    Last edited by Killeraxa89; Sat Jan 18, 2014, 03:16 PM. Reason: New goals since SNG issues occurred :)

best of luck m8 and keep on dreaming that youll beat me XD
    Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Really rooting for the two of you to crush the hypers this year - best of luck to you both!! Go go!! umbup: umbup:

Comment

Wow something dreadful happened that I will not go into, the challenge must be redone given the current state.

More info to come

Comment

Ok I blogged about it but it wont be up until tomorrow, I will switch back to zoom cash games so inc edit button

Comment

Having just seen your blog, I can totally understand why you amended your goals to SnGs: Avoid at all costs. :O
            The variance in those hypers is incredible. Not for the faint-hearted, or terminally unlucky, that's for sure!

Better luck in cash!
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
              Having just seen your blog, I can totally understand why you amended your goals to SnGs: Avoid at all costs. :O The variance in those hypers is incredible. Not for the faint-hearted, or terminally unlucky, that's for sure! Better luck in cash!
              Yeah its a rough game, they say if you play around 10k games then thats a good sample to know how you will fair in SNG but I wouldn't survive that long I rather play cash games for now, btw I need to read your blogs on some 2NL tips and strategies for tonight umbup:

Comment

Played 3035 hands today trying to figure stuff out about this game. I learned that fish (including myself) will call you down with ace high so bluffing is a big no. I'm so noob cause yesterday I wasn't making the standard raise of 3x the BB ($0.06) at 2NL and was doing 2 times raise for normal hands and 3x for premium, that was a leak which I corrected thanks to Artys ABC guide umbup: So with terrible play and some luck I managed to make a tiny(TINY) profit. If I played good I'd probably have a profit of $12 or so but I have no complaints, Stars was very good to me today. Like in this hand even though I got it in good I got huge luck on the river umbup: EV line should be better in the future when I decide to stop chasing flush/str8 draws without good odds I will read more ABC guides tomorrow and continue improving. Can't wait until my day off from work to put in a high volume, maybe 12k hands in one day? jk

Comment

Hi guys its just day 6 and I'm still learning alot about 2NL my graph shows exactly that I'm still making some huge mistakes, maybe cause I'm acting to fast 4 zoom tabling and making bad decisions lol I even folded AA once . I did experience some unlucky spots which I will post later. As for my hands played im around 13.5k hands played, still a very small sample maybe at the end of January playing over 55k hands will give me a better understanding of where im atumbup: Tournaments I think instead of saving FPPs for cash credits I will use them instead for tournaments(better than my cash roll) to play tournaments like the Sunday Storm 5fpp rebuy Silverstar VIP the Sunday Two Grand 50 fpp 10/20 FPP Bronzstar Turbo The Big Bang Once I get to $150 I can maybe include cash tournaments like the 1.10 NL Hold'em 6-Max-Turbo 1.35 Turbo Knock out

Comment

Went deep in the Big Bang but in the end couldn't reach the FT . I lost a crucial flip with 99 vs AQ and later busted with only 4 BB left.

I'll ship it next time The good news is I'm way ahead schedule with this cash and I know for sure 5NL is right around the corner

PokerStars Tournament #842579681, No Limit Hold'em
                    Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
                    682 players
                    Total Prize Pool: $6820.00 USD
                    Tournament started 2014/01/11 13:00:00 ET

Dear Killeraxa89,

You finished the tournament in 13th place. A USD 51.15 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Comment

KA, that's fantastic - congrats!! umbup: Great to hear things are looking up with the move to cash

Comment

Nice goals! Keep it going!
                        Good job on your deep run in the big bang, hopefully you indeed chip it next time.

Keep that grinding in 2NL up

Comment

Nice run in the Big Bang killeraxa!

Comment

Thanks guys Now when I woke up this morning I feel so disappointed I couldn't make the FT and possibly finish in top 3.

Funny thing I must admit playing the Big Bang, I was only looking to min cash then bust when I was around the 7k chip mark I avoided every hand except premiums and never called an allin for my tournament life until that bubble burst giving me my first cash in that tournament. That $10 excited me then I loosened up and accumulated chips and got lucky 3 times to make me chip leader with around 27 left.

But I have to give it to some of those guys I faced, they made unbelievable lay downs when I had the nuts one guy made it to 2nd place cause he knew I had him. Wish they were fish cause a 200k stack would have ensured my FT spot.

Anyway today I will use 100 of my FPP to try and qualify for the Sunday Storm and use $2 for sattys.

Comment

Cash games

Hands played: 15832
                              Profit: $18.75

Tournaments

Tournaments played: 31
                              Profit: $44.95

Overall

Bankroll: $108.14
                              Net Profit: $63.70
                              VPP earned this month: 432
                              VPP earned this year: 432
                              VIP cash rewards: 0
                              VIP stellar rewards: 0
                              FPP balance: 86

Played some games on Iphone when I requested a hand history from Stars so figures are slightly off. If only I can have a decent week like this every time to get out of 2NL by next week That's the only way I can get Goldstar if I put in the volume.

My HM2 extended trial will end tomorrow so trying to see if Poker tracker will give me an extended trial next. I just can't bring myself to buying this software since I only use it for stats and graphs

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.