PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bhoylegend's 2014 Goals!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bhoylegend's 2014 Goals!

It's taken a while to arrive at what I want to achieve next year. Last years goals were nothing worthwhile so next years will be something a little bit more thought out.

Long Term Goals

I will become a better player by studying for longer and playing less poker, but better quality poker, I will make Silverstar every month with a target of $1000 for the year and 5000 VPP's which will net a further $100 in Bonuses.

Monthly Goals

I will play 40,000 hands. 30,000 of these will be at the lowest level of 6 max, 2NL Zoom tables. 10,000 at 5NL regular tables. Based on this months play that should be enough to see me make Silverstar each month. I will make at least $21 a week (On average) to enable me to reach my Long Term Goal.

Weekly Goals

I will play 10 hours a week.

I will play 10,000 hands a week.

I will post a minimum of two hands a week for analysis. I will attend live training. I will seek to submit my play to outside review (Live Training being the intention subject to a trainer being willing to do it). I will actively note take during and after sessions.

These goals are achievable, I believe. I can and will be able to track the goals. Should I overachieve, I will take sensible shots at 10NL, I've played at this level of Full-Ring which I was winning at.

Thanks.

best of luck umbup:

Comment

Good luck Brendan umbup:
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Very well done bhoy I'm pretty sure you'll achieve it Good Luck umbup:umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalman View Post
          Good luck Brendan umbup:
          Originally posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
          best of luck umbup:
          Thanks guys.
          Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
          Very well done bhoy I'm pretty sure you'll achieve it Good Luck umbup:umbup:
          Thanks Sandtrap. I took some guidance from your 2013 goals thread so I have to thank you for that too. It's different stakes I am playing obviously but the long term intention is to move through the levels once I have built up some confidence and experience. As for my goals, I have submitted my December challenge hands for review by a trainer, and if that goes ahead I hope to close some leaks I may have and continue with the parts of my game that are good. Sometime in the second half of the year I will probably seek another review. So on that front, I have already made progress on my goals. As for actual playing, played some today, just a few hundred hands as I am suffering with a libation induced nausea. Ended up with a couple of BI in profit. I will keep the main updates in this thread to a Sunday evening when the Poker week comes to an end. Probably throw in some interesting hands and stats.

Comment

Good Luck bhoy

PH

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
              6 max
              Oh yes, I see that now - was lurking in here too, but that little detail must have escaped my attention Was thinking you'd do really well at 6-max, which is why I was wondering if maybe that's where you were going to concentrate your play. Cool that you have the option of playing full ring too, just for a change of pace when the mood strikes. I have a feeling you'll be reaching your goals a lot earlier than anticipated GL GL bhoy!! umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
                Oh yes, I see that now - was lurking in here too, but that little detail must have escaped my attention Was thinking you'd do really well at 6-max, which is why I was wondering if maybe that's where you were going to concentrate your play. Cool that you have the option of playing full ring too, just for a change of pace when the mood strikes. I have a feeling you'll be reaching your goals a lot earlier than anticipated GL GL bhoy!! umbup:
                I certainly hope so. My New Years hangover eased a little so played a little more and finished a bb short of 5BI ahead at the 2NL tables. So off to a nice start. Lower BI than I have played but I like the player pool there and at 10NL I tended to quit sessions early when I was ahead so made around the same at 2NL as I did at a lot of my 10NL sessions.

Comment

Best of luck Bhoy!

Out of curiosity, how many tables do you play to have 1000 hands per hour? As 12 tabling FR I usually go around 700 hands. Is it due to the fact that you play 6max Zoom?

Comment

Originally posted by powerdegre View Post
                    Best of luck Bhoy!

Out of curiosity, how many tables do you play to have 1000 hands per hour? As 12 tabling FR I usually go around 700 hands. Is it due to the fact that you play 6max Zoom?
                    At Zoom 6 max I am averaging about 1100-1200 per hour playing 4 tables.

At 10NL regular tables I seemed to be averaging about 500 hands an hour while 8 tabling. So, about two hours would be getting me a 1000 hands while 8 tabling.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Comment

Woah, never realised how much faster is actually zoom... impressive! Thanks for the info ^_^

Comment

Sometimes it can still feel good to have a losing day, when you've played like an idiot, then grinded your way back:

Any hands where anyone watching it, without context, will just think you are a complete weirdo I hear you ask?

Why, yes, here you go:

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...974_A3BEEFB727
                        Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Jan 06, 2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Update:

Profit/Loss Current Month: $21.09
                          Hands Played: 9086
                          VPP's earned: 139.39 (Including Jumpstart 265.56)

I have also played some $1.50 SnG's over the last week. I have played 8 of them and won 3 for a small profit of $3.45. Given how few of these I play, I have actually been doing quite well at them, looking at my Sharkscope graph for this game type I have been on a hot run. As well as winning 3, I bubbled two, and in the others I generally got the money in ahead but lost. So this will probably be a game variant I will add into my play.

If I include the SnG hands I am probably somewhere close to my 10,000 hand goal for the month.

I don't want to fill this thread with too many hands but I will post the biggest (By way of bb's won) pot of the week.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Jan 06, 2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Good Luck Bhoylegend! and Happy New Year! umbup:umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by ggervacio View Post
                              Good Luck Bhoylegend! and Happy New Year! umbup:umbup:
                              Thanks GG. Happy New Year to you too!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.