PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January MTTs & TCOOP blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January MTTs & TCOOP blog

I'll document my January grind here

Have been busy zooming lately to get to SN, but now I will return to the lolzy land of MTTs and try to bink over 9000!

My starting roll will be a few thousand dollars, and I'll be playing solely on Stars. Programs used: HEM2, Pokerstove

Goals:
    $5k+ profit
    FT a TCOOP

Still waiting for TCOOP schedule to be released, but I'll be sticking mostly to the <$300 games, with a possibility of playing the main event ($700) if the roll is up. Will also probably play lots of deadline satties, as they are really +ev to play.

I'll post updates and interesting hands in this thread.

Stay tuned !

Hey man, good luck with your goals! I think at you everything it will turn out and you will reach at least two final tables on TCOOP! And again congrats with your supernova!
    What about new year? Whether there is any purpose generally?
    Write more, i will be glad to esteem. I am MTT player and further also i plan to play expensive MTTs.

Good luck at the tables!

S-G

Comment

Originally posted by Snake-glory View Post
      Hey man, good luck with your goals! I think at you everything it will turn out and you will reach at least two final tables on TCOOP! And again congrats with your supernova! What about new year? Whether there is any purpose generally? Write more, i will be glad to esteem. I am MTT player and further also i plan to play expensive MTTs. Good luck at the tables! S-G
      Thankyou Update: This is on! I'm super excited. Nearly sold out a $3.6k package on another site and I've put up a $1.8k package here (fingers crossed it sells !) Gives me enough funds to play at least 35 of the 50 TCOOPs! It's gonna be some serious alarm setting and scheduling! No more staying up late, I gots me a regular job! For 11 days I've been preparing mentally for TCOOP for months now, and hopefully I can make everything come together nicely in 2 weeks and make everyone some moneyumbup:

Comment

After a bit of an unsure start, not unexpected really, my stake has now sold over a third of the available shares. This is good news and hopefully others will follow suit (spades if possible, i'll accept hearts and clubs ! ! )

I've also looked more carefully at the Premier League. I'm trying to qualify for it this month through the $1.10 satties. After 5 games I'm ranked 156th so I'm waiting and seeing what happens and whether I need to play any more qualifiers. I'm not sure how much volume is needed to have a chance at the top 10 once playing the league, but if I think it's attainable then I might try volume grinding the league in Feb.

I've been playing lots of the PSO TCOP games, they're good practise for the real TCOOP except with much smaller fields and more awesome players.

Really looking forward to TCOOP, counting the days

Comment

I just got an email from stars with my december 2013 stats and I thought Id share them here December 2013 in Review Cash game hands 121947 Sit & Go tournaments 309 Scheduled tournaments 48 I didn't actually know how many zoom hands I'd played, since I was on another computer while fixing my normal one. December was tiring for me, I was frantically trying to reach nova and cash was the quickest way. This month I expect the stats to end up looking something more like this: Cash game hands <1k Sit & Go tournaments unsure, maybe <200 as i'll be playing 180s and not 6max hypers Scheduled tournaments 400? again unsure Might not even reach the required VPPs for nova this month but I'm not too bothered about that, playing well and trying to make money is the goal for January.umbup:

Comment

Ooof. Not long to go til TCOOP now. Playing all 4 games on the first day, gonna be a hoot Currently got some free time, it's 8:30am here and i'm not keen on the morning MTTs. I am writing a useful blog post for PSO (on my personal blog) - it will cover some tips on how to crush satellites, hopefully y'all can satty into the TCOOP and play with me That blog will be submitted soon, check it out when it pops up later umbup:

Comment

gl gl mister supernova :P cant wait to see you win that tcoop
              Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by adohole View Post
                gl gl mister supernova :P cant wait to see you win that tcoop
                which one? i plan on winning at least 20 of them

im still writing my blog post, its taking forever due to it being a 10000000 word essay, not for the faint hearted

heck, i probably wouldnt read it myself. TL;DR

Comment

MTT satty tips

I have band practise tonight and a blocked left ear. Should be interesting
                  2 more sleeps until TCOOP

it's like christmas but more exciting ! !

MTTs played today: 1 , hot 3.30 for daily challenge

ciaociao

Comment

Awesome Blog !!!! Great advice there so I subscribed to make sure I don't miss anything :P

Extra Large slice of triple MILK chocolate cake on its way

Comment

Originally posted by auntyrae View Post
                      Awesome Blog !!!! Great advice there so I subscribed to make sure I don't miss anything :P Extra Large slice of triple MILK chocolate cake on its way
                      omnomnom chocolate cake makes the world go round thx aunty umbup:

Comment

Congrats on your Blog getting a Big Bang Stamp

Comment

Originally posted by auntyrae View Post
                          Congrats on your Blog getting a Big Bang Stamp
                          thanks, flanflanflan

24 hours to go til TCOOOOOOOOP

Comment

wat is TCOOP??

Went epically bad , but I'm happy with how I played.

Didn't get great MTT volume in in January, gonna try and grind some low stakes mtts/satties to bigger mtts/8-11$ 180s

Also I have plenty of time to prepare for SCOOP, which is better value and less risky than TCOOP. i still dont know wat tcoop stadn for.

P.S. i have a new blog post coming out soon regarding mathematics and poaker.
                            Last edited by ouchbadbeat; Wed Feb 05, 2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.