PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Newcomers and Unwelcome to Variance and its Buddies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Newcomers and Unwelcome to Variance and its Buddies

This post is pending approval.

Welcome to Newcomers & Unwelcome to Variance and Its Buddies!
    By DrEllenCait
    [/I][/B]

I often hear, ‘Well it’s Variance’, a term that should be explaining an inevitable part of poker. But then I wonder, ‘Is it just bad play or really variance’? Only by understanding what variance really is, can one make such a distinction and only by playing a very large number of hands do we have enough hands to compare our typical results versus results impacted by variance. So newcomers and aspiring players,, you are highly unlikely to have experienced the difference between bad plays and variance given it takes time (and a bankrol)l to play, say, 400,000 hands; Nonetheless, it is always wise to know what’s to come.

As CardplayerPT (Andre) warns: “It is Important to distinguish between regular variance and leaks in our game because bad results can indeed be the result of poor play, mistakes and variance can be an excuse. So you should avoid falling into that mind trap!

Sorry the URL is not yet available for this blog.
    Last edited by DrEllenCait; Tue Sep 03, 2013, 10:18 PM.

The link is broken. In fact, it looks like the blog doesn't exist at all. I'm sure it was there yesterday. Did you accidentally delete it?

Your other blogs are still there at http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/DrEllenCait
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

LINK

I re-checked link and maybe I did have wrong one prior but this one works.

Thanks,
      Ellen

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.