PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fifithecat - at the poker table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fifithecat - at the poker table

I want to keep track of my progress as I try the 100 buyin hyper challenge I have read a few others have done or are doing.

You basically start with 100 buyins at the $1.50 6max hyper turbos on Pokerstars and move up to the next buy in when you have 100 buyins for that level. So, for example, one starts with $150 playing the $1.50 hyperturbos and moves to the $3.50 hyperturbos once they have $350. But you move back down to the $1.50s if you drop below $350. You attempt to keep climbing up the ranks until you reach the highest buyin level, which atm are the $500 hypers.

I played 6502 $3.50 hypers in May and made over 400 buyins pre-rakeback and over 500 buyins after rakeback and bonuses.

I plan on playing 7 hours of poker per day and will be cashing out any rakeback and bonuses I earn during the challenge. Therefore, only game profit is determining whether I move up or down in stakes as I progress, or not progress, as the case may be.

June 1st 2013
    Bankroll $150
    Last edited by TOO2COO; Sun Jun 02, 2013, 01:35 AM. Reason: Inappropriate expression in the Title T2C

Good luck with this challenge!
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

So I'm at the end of the first two days of the 100 buyin challenge. I was hoping to fly through the $1.50s a bit quicker but if I go by my success so far, I will not get to the $3.50s until day 6. I suppose I should be thankful I'm going in the right direction.

Oops, didn't expect the thread title to cause anyone any offence, but I guess it must have after seeing it was edited.

June 2nd 2013
      Bankroll $233.22

Profit $83.22

Comment

nice start man best of luck
        Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

4 days - I can see the light

I can see a light at the end of the $1.50s tunnel. I had hoped to have had some rungood by now and moved up to the $3.50s already.The cashier balance is going up so I cant complain too much. I have my fingers crossed that I have a good day tomorrow and finish off the $1.50s so I can start earning more VPPs at the next level.

Another $42.32 profit and I can start mixing in the $3.50s. If I drop back below $350 I will go back to the $1.50s and build back up to 100 buyins for the $3.50s. I am still only playing 7 hours a day but have been tempted to move things around so I can play more. Unfortunately, I have other things non-poker related to do which I really want to do.

I will wait until I hit my next $50 stellar reward before I convert some of my FPPs, which I will cash out so game profit determines when I move up in stakes.

Bankroll $307.68

Comment

gl gl man looking good and nice chalenge pretty nice to make a good profit pre rakeback
            Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sigh

I am edging closer to the $3.50s but am a little disappointed as I wanted to be there by now. At this rate I will spend 10 days at each level until I get to the $15s at the end of the month.

I checked my $EV to see how I haven't made the $3.50s yet and saw that I have been break-even for the past 4 days whereas the old redline has gone up 75 buyins. Being 75 buyins below EV made me a little excited as fingers crossed I have an upspurt coming, and it will happen at the higher stakes.

Bankroll $326

Comment

$3.50s at last

So today I can finally mix in some $3.50s. I will keep my cashier open while hovering between the 1.50s and 3.50s. Whenever the balance is over $350 I will be registering for $3.50s and whenever it is below I will be registering in $1.50s.

I hopefully will not have to play many more $1.50s . I am 48 buyins below EV since I started which is nothing when it comes to hypers. I just hope variance runs in my favour for the next few days so I hit the ground running at the $3.50s.

Balance $364.69

Comment

What sort of ROI are you achieving?

Great work BTW.
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

wow ice work man btw do you have your search hidden? gl gl in the challange
                    Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

hit the ground running

Today I managed to start the $3.50s and had a nice bit of rungood. Although today was the first day I wasn't watching TV or a movie while I played so I guess I was concentrating more. Guess its no more movies and poker from now on.

So here's a graph where you can see the jump this morning. And also a screenshot of my roi in games so far.

Bankroll $583

Comment

Originally posted by adohole View Post
                        wow ice work man btw do you have your search hidden? gl gl in the challange
                        I am hidden from the search feature.

I turned off table chat there are no distractions when I play so I concentrate more, and blocked the search feature so if any regs look me up they might not think I am multi-tabling and I might get a few extra games in before they realise I know a bit more than they might first think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalman View Post
                          What sort of ROI are you achieving?
                          I think from memory my redline at the $1.50s was 8.9% but actual 6.something% in the image I posted.

Comment

wow when you talk about hitting yhe ground running nice start in the 3.50s
                            Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by adohole View Post
                              wow when you talk about hitting yhe ground running nice start in the 3.50s
                              I don't do things in half measures, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.