PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuckkky's New Goals :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuckkky's New Goals :)

Time to get serious about winning money.

Im going to try and make my way to HI Stakes starting at the bottom.

I will play a minimum of 10k hands at each level before moving up.

And I must make at least 1000 BB before I move up.

I haven't played many cash games so it might be a bumpy road.
    I am on my way as I have already started, I will post a graph after every 5k hands, hopefully heading the right direction.

Any comments are welcome, Is 10K hands and 1K BB enough to move up?

Hey Chucky, good luck with your challenge. Personally I would base moving up more on my bankroll, i.e. number of buy-ins. And that would be provided my win rate was a reasonable number of BBs per 100 hands average. I'm the cash game players amongst us will be better suited to give you advice and share their wisdom though. Hope all goes well for you umbup:

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Fadyen View Post
      Hey Chucky, good luck with your challenge. Personally I would base moving up more on my bankroll, i.e. number of buy-ins. And that would be provided my win rate was a reasonable number of BBs per 100 hands average. I'm the cash game players amongst us will be better suited to give you advice and share their wisdom though. Hope all goes well for you umbup:
      Hey Fadyen, Thanks for your advice.umbup: I would like to move up on my ability as well, because I could play much higher at the moment with the bankroll I have, but I dont think it would last long because I haven't played many cash games. I have mainly played SNG, HU and MTTs. I was wondering how many hands I should play to be confident that I have beat that level of play. Thanks Again

Comment

In that case I think if you have a solid win rate over 10k hands your true win rate isn't going to be far off that at all. Sounds like a good plan.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey Chuckkkky!! I was just looking at the bankroll guidelines that Dave gave us for the full-ring/6-max challenge the other day for myself. Was thinking they might be especially well-suited for you, if you're kind of in a similar situation to Roland? Like I guess he was saying his cash game play was pretty limited before participating in the challenge - and using these guidelines, didn't he make it all the way up to 25nl on the second challenge? And has never looked back umbup:
          Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
          - each team member has to start out with an $80 bankroll on 2NL and strictly follow our bankroll management guidelines (40 stack minimum rule): - at the initial 2NL starting level, there will be a stop loss of 20 stacks imposed, so if a player's BR falls below $40 they must stop playing at that point and should consult with their coach. If your bankroll exceeds... ...$100 you may take your first shot at 5NL, but have to move down to 2NL if you fall back to $80 ...$240 you may take your first shot at 10NL, but have to move down to 5NL if you fall back to $200 ...$464 you may take your first shot at 16NL, but have to move down to 10NL if you fall back to $400 ...$740 you may take your first shot at 25NL, but have to move down to 16NL if you fall back to $640 ...$1200 you may take your first shot at 50NL, but have to move down to 25NL if you fall back to $1000
          GL Chuckkkkie!! umbup:

Comment

good luck Chuck

Comment

Thanks Fadyen, Sam and Marvin but my graph is starting to go the wrong direction. Hey sam it works out like this to move up. 2nl=1000xBB=$20.00 5nl=2800xBB=$140.00 10nl=2240xBB=$224.00 16nl=1725xBB=$276.00 25nl=1840xBB=$460.00 Maybe I should target around 2000 BB to move up. Thanks Chuckkkyumbup:

Comment

Here's my Graph after 12,442 hands making $52.03 with BB/100 at 20.91 at 4 Zoom 2nl tables.

I am off to try 5nl after I have a break

Comment

Very well done Chuckkky umbup: BB of 20.91 is very very good You can try to smooth your way into the 5NL like I do I would open up 3 tables of 2NL and 1 table of 5NL Then ease up to 2 and 2 then 3 and 1 and finally 4 tables of 5NL Let me know if you have any questions Good Luck

Comment

Hey Sandtrap,
                    I think I will try and smooth in as you suggested,
                    Good Idea,
                    Chuckkky

Comment

Would like some opinions on this hand. Am I being a FISH here ?

Comment

Firstly, congrats on the great winrate. It looks like you've been running a fair bit above EV in races, but you'd still be crushing if you just won your equity share in those called-shove situations.

In this AQs hand, do you have any reads on villain? I'm not too keen on just calling with AQs oop against most opponents. I'm not so sure about floating the flop oop either, but I guess villain is c-betting with air on this board fairly often. With the NFD + 1 over on the turn, you've got decent implied odds to win a big pot if you spike the river, so calling half pot looks OK. Villain is also hardly ever putting you on the flush when you get there via the backdoor. For that reason, I also like leading out on the river, especially as there's a 4-card straight on the board. He'll call with any ten (AT, KTs, QTs, JTs, TT all kind of make sense with his line) and probably top two pairs or a set too.
                        Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Sun Apr 07, 2013, 04:00 AM.
                        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Arty, he had KJos I am still unsure about AQ and AJ as I have run into AK alot lately. Would you suggest 3 beting AQs versus unknown and folding to a 4 bet? Have a look at this hand, I remember thinking when he min 4 bet me that he had to have 1 of 3 hands, AA KK or AK, and I should fold to his 4 bet, but it was so small i called, and with his stack size and Top pair top kicker I felt i had to just stick to it. Have a look at what he had. LOL.
                          Last edited by chuckkky; Sun Apr 07, 2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Here is my Graph for Zoom 2nl after 17263 hands winning $80.74 at 23.39BB/100

Here is my Graph for Zoom 5nl after 5147 hands winning $8.81 at 3.42BB/100
                            Only just scraped in above the line after 5k hands.
                            I paid off way too much, thinking I might be beat.

Off to watch some Videos

Comment

Chuckkky on tilt CHUCKKKY ON TILT! I felt like everyone was starting to push me around, and they were calling 3 streets to suckout and I was paying them off. So I thought I would fight back. Bad hand good timing. Don't try this you will lose in the long run. I just got lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.