PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Goals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Goals

I will be starting uni in March! I have been playing poker a year and yet i am still a loosing player. I started off not playing the min stake and instead high stake as i won a major tourney early. For an inexperience player without proper bankroll management would just literally mean devastating!

Hence
    my 2013 goals:
    1. Bankroll Management (hopefully PSO would post a thread on various ways or steps then one could follow to learn proper bankroll management.
    2. Win a major MTT in Pokerstars
    3. Profit In poker
    4. Study well
    5. Keep Fit

Those of you who wants to help me out in reaching my goals, feel free to comment and help me thanks

Hi supermagicpr, Check out here for >>Bankroll Management<< Good luck on your challenge for the year. Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section. All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<< Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013! Raiser umbup:

Comment

There is a post with the basics of bankroll management. I am cosiderably more conservative than this. Last year at this time I was just starting the second month of a six month downswing and that showed me the value of having a bigger bankroll for the stakes I play than is mentioned in the post. New players are even more likely to run into bad stretches on the felt as they are trying to improve their game. Trying something new often makes things worse before they get better.

Good luck
      Doug
      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.