PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Monkey's Dreams (Time Vault 2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Monkey's Dreams (Time Vault 2013)

So, let's keep it simple for now, shall we?

On December 31st, 2012, I made the minimum deposit of CAD $11 to establish a new bankroll on PokerStars after more than five years away.

My goal is to turn that $11 deposit into $1800 before the end of the year (enough to play $3/$6 fixed limit cash games with a 300BB bankroll).

More details on the means and my madness to come in future posts or on my blog.
    Bracelet Winner

Good luck in your challenge, I look forward to reading the details of your climb through the ranks.

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

What to do when seeking hand advice on the Time Vault?

So I'm still deep in the learning process, and I was wondering: if I have a hand that I want to get feedback on, I should obviously post it here in my challenge thread as one of my Time Vault updates. However, I suspect that I would get far more (and more interesting) replies if I were to post such hands to the appropriate hand analysis forum. So what should I do? Cross-post? Post once, then link from the other forum? Suck it up and just post here, while languishing in the knowledge that I might get better advice elsewhere?

Just curious.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

For me I would double post Here to keep your Time vualt project ticking and in the relivant section too, Have to say both will get replies and hopefully help everyone learn something

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck on your challenge for the year. Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section. All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<< Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

For your consideration... So here's the deal. PSO Open Skill League tournament, with 10000 entrants, down to about 350 left at the start of this hand. What would you do, and why?
            Last edited by CanuckMonkey; Sun Jan 20, 2013, 08:24 PM. Reason: Remove hand ID from title.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Very tough hand above. Have you posted it anywhere else in a more specific forum thread? Interested in what other people have to say.

Comment

PSO Open You're in positive territory, you now have to move up, so for me it's an easy all in. GL umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                  PSO Open You're in positive territory, you now have to move up, so for me it's an easy all in. GL umbup:
                  Fold! points are important but AKs doesn't work well in a 3 way pot. We may be favourite in the hand but behind v 2 all ins which I think this hand is going.
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalman View Post
                    Fold! points are important but AKs doesn't work well in a 3 way pot. We may be favourite in the hand but behind v 2 all ins which I think this hand is going.
                    If you check his league rank, you'll see that 1st place is out of reach, so it's an all in. That's how it should be played in tournaments, now is the time to learn to play the right way.

Like Marvin would say "I'm gunning for first"

But Oval, maybe you know better

Comment

point distribution is nearly even from 1/16 member left.As soon as you cross those mark just play like a cash mtt.

ak is closed eye push.you need to get chip to sustain each orbit.folding there is like rooting for blind death.
                      ak suited play well in multiway pot.you cant ask for better zzzzzzzzzz
                      Last edited by a1379; Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with a1379. I think because it's suited it gives you that extra chance and therefore it's a shove. Even if its off suit, you can't really fold AK. Your hand is probably dominating one of the villains, and you probably just need to hit a pair and dodge some outs to get a massive increase in chips.

How did it play out?

Comment

Originally posted by Built-byTilt View Post
                          How did it play out?
                          For the curious: So yes, I pushed, and got busted out in spite of making trip kings by the turn. (Two of the pocket pair villains hit sets/boats!) Just now, I checked this out in the Odds Calculator: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...c?sitId=174385 So in hindsight, knowing what my opponents held, I wasn't the favorite to win (by a small margin); however, with the implied pot odds I was being given for my push, it was totally a +EV play from a chips perspective. Whether it was a good play from a League Leaderboard perspective is a whole different question, and obviously one with many hotly debated viewpoints!
                          Bracelet Winner

Comment

So the day after my previous posted hand, I run up against an eerily similar situation, but with a few key differences. No read on the villains again this time, but instead of the heavy pre-flop action from the other hand, I get one limper ahead of me, so I make my standard 5BB raise. Guy behind me pushes all-in, and everyone folds back to me. So is this a call or a fold? How does it change if this is a cash tourney instead of PSO League? Also, is there any reason for me to have done something other than the 5BB raise when the action first reached me with one limper? Also posted in the hand analysis forum: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...050#post388050
                            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by dudemanphat View Post
                              Very tough hand above. Have you posted it anywhere else in a more specific forum thread? Interested in what other people have to say.
                              Yes, I did post it in the hand analysis forum: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...050#post388050

Getting some great feedback from various sources. I hope you find it helpful as well!
                              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.