PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind of change - my 2013 poker goal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind of change - my 2013 poker goal

Hi everyone,

I have published a blog post with my goal and strategy:
    http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=39549

Here is a short summary.

I'm a break even player and I want to improve my game.
    My poker goal for 2013 is: Building my bankroll from 50$ to 1000$

My strategy:
    1. Learn -
    I will use pso and the two plus two forums to read, watch and learn. I'm currently looking for a good book that cover the matemathical aspect of the game.

2. Play -
    I will focus on the micros SNGs - 1.5$ 18man, 1$ 90man and 2.5$ 180man. All turbos

3. Analyze -
    I've started using HM2 and hopefully I can find the leaks in my game.

Good luck to you all,
    Tokbek

Good luck on your challenge for the year. Thanks for entering! All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<< Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013! Raiser umbup:

Comment

My HM2 30 day trial is going to end.
      Although it does the job and has everything I need, I didn't enjoy using it.
      IMO it is not intuitive enough, very heavy and I had some difficulties with the first installation and setting it.

I've started PT4 30 day trial period, and my first impression is that it is what I was looking for. Great UI, clean, light, and much more intuitive.

heading for my first in depth 18man results analyze...

Comment

Hi,

I've purchased PT4 and have stats for the past few weeks.
        I've been playing a lot (for my standards) this month with no progress.
        My sample size is definitely not big enough. I have about 80-100 in the 18man SNG.

Although the sample size is small I feel it is a good reflection of my game and match my break even results in the past few years.

What do you think? Can I draw effective conclusions from this sample?

Thanks,
        Tokbek

Comment

I agree that the sample size is too small. If you want to draw effective conclusions, you need to play a lot more games. 500+, I would even say 1000 to get the most accurate sample. If you're not making any progress why don't you drop down a level and fix up some of the leaks you may have? This way it doesn't cost you as much when your trying to find your mistake, and when you fix it you can move back up and start cashing and making progress, instead of breaking even. Good luck with all of your goals umbup:

Comment

hard to evaluate your progress with stats,hands etc.

turbo games to get your true roi would be 4k+ tourneys - unfortuntaly not many play that amount whilst moving up.

My advice would be keep playing,learning till you see a Posotive ROI

Comment

Originally posted by Built-byTilt View Post
              I agree that the sample size is too small. If you want to draw effective conclusions, you need to play a lot more games. 500+, I would even say 1000 to get the most accurate sample. If you're not making any progress why don't you drop down a level and fix up some of the leaks you may have? This way it doesn't cost you as much when your trying to find your mistake, and when you fix it you can move back up and start cashing and making progress, instead of breaking even. Good luck with all of your goals umbup:
              I play 1.5$ SNGs so I have nowhere to drop down to, and I dont want to play cash...

Comment

theres $0.25 and $0.50 45mans you could drop to.

Comment

So far I'm doing ok with the 1.5$ 45man and 90man have problems with the 18man and i cant drop down there.
                  I have a feeling my problem is with short handed games. With bigger fields I have more time to build stack before the table get shorted.

Comment

18mans are very difficult in the sence theres alot of dynamics from full to short handed tables - obviously you have to open your range more and bind steal more to stay ahead of the field.

Comment

Hi tokbek

It's not true that you have no where to drop down to. You can also play these games as play money.

If you think you need short hand practice play some 6-max play money STT's

Grade. B
                      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
                        Hi tokbek

It's not true that you have no where to drop down to. You can also play these games as play money.

If you think you need short hand practice play some 6-max play money STT's

Grade. B
                        You really think I can learn from playing with play money? It's a low level game where no one care about losing his "money"...

I'm doing good in the 90man turbo and with the profit there I can play in my losing games and keep learning.
                        That's my current plan.

Comment

grade b and myself are trying to help the best we can, you understand were your going wrong but choose to stick with games your not beating,why not stick with games you can beat? everyones game is different, each others styles are, its findng a game our style suits.

Good luk on your progress.

Comment

First of all I really appreciate your help and I'm sure not going to focus on my losing games for a long time.
                            The 18man suit very well my time and I think its a great place to improve my game.
                            It has full ring table, short handed, bubble,final table and heads up all in about 40 minute.
                            I believe that by analyzing this losing SNG I will improve my game even if I eventually decide to play in a different game.
                            I'm not expecting to build my bankroll in the next few months, so as long as I'm staying afloat I'm good.

Comment

wind of change by the scorpions, one of my all time favourite songs.

I too tried Poker Tracker and Holdem Manager after I heard Chew1 talk about them in live training. Poker Tracker wouldn't install, crashed but wouldn't tell me why. Holdem Manager at least gave an informative message (a service wasn't running) which sorted it and Poker Tracker out. I didn't like that they both installed a service and created a second logon user on my machine and installed a sql server, etc. Seemed a bit too much for what I needed. When I finally got into the software, it was very over the top for my little head.

I then stumbled upon Tournament Indicator and I enjoy it very much. It's very simple, doesn't require history saving (though it does require full dealer messages, which can get spammy), and it gives me all I need at a glance. Though I sometimes forget to turn it on. Oops.

I'm still not in the mood of purchasing anything though as my hobbies are so intense yet fleeting - if I can keep this blogging up for a year, it'd probably be a miracle.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.