PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short n Sweet Goals to My Career

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short n Sweet Goals to My Career

Short Term
    1. deposit and organise my bankroll in the next few weeks
    2. Start playing with a bankroll of $100 and play the mtt 180 players $2.50 entry
    3. Establish a study on the mtt 180 Player tourneys

Mid Term
    1. once i have studyed the game enough and i feel i have the edge and bankroll ill then move up to the 180 players $4.50

Long Term
    1. Target by the end of 2013 $1000-$3000
    2. Play the sunday million and play with some of the best in the game
    3. Play in a UKIPT or an EPT at some point in my career
    4. To get platinum star or higher is vip steller rewards

Hello djharpo07,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline.com! Please click >HERE< to familiarize yourself with what the site has to offer.

Judging by your goals, it appears that you are a 'serious' poker player. If that is the case, you are going over what is suggested in the bankroll management article (min. 50 MTT buy-ins). You may want to reconsider your goals in light of this.

Good luck at the tables!

Lester
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Good luck on your challenge for the year. Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section. All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<< Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi djharpo07,

some nice looking goals

but
        A $100 bankroll is only 25 buy ins for your chosen game. This does not give you much of a cushion if you hit a bad run.

for the 180 man games you should be looking at at least 100 buy ins.

If you decide that the $2.50 180s are nice and soft and you can beat them easy do you have a point when should by chance you bank roll drops too low you will switch games?

just something to think about,

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

bankroll well to the above comments yes i think use are right i for sure know you can run bad on pokerstars with any game you play yes i agree we the bankroll it just isent enough but im going to give it a go and try my best to get the edge ill play TAP and do a bit of grinding if it doesnt work then ill try a diffrent aproch to it thanks for showing intrest in my challange and giveing me some kind advice i wish you the best in poker umbup:

Comment

Dear djharpo07,

Have you played a lot of these 180 man games before?

I would say yes TAP for the first few blind levels is ok but after that you have to open up and steal some or the blinds will eat you up.

Grade b
            I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.