PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2013 Poker Goals (Kjernekar)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2013 Poker Goals (Kjernekar)

My 2013 Poker Goals
    I have two goals for this year, firstly I’d like to make a profit of $10,000. Secondly I’d like to achive Supernova VIP status.

My Plan
    I’ll be starting with a $50 bankroll, and I’ll be grinding up through the micros. My primary games will be SnGs and Zoom. I’ve set the following bankroll rules for myself:

IF BR < $50:
    $0.25 45-Player SnG

IF BR < $100:
    $0.50 45-Player Turbo SnG
    2NL Zoom

IF BR < $150
    $1.00 90-Player Turbo SnG
    $1.10 MTT
    5NL Zoom

IF BR < $250
    $1.50 9/18/45-Player Turbo SnG
    5NL Zoom

IF BR < $350
    $1.50 9/18/45-Player Turbo SnG
    $2.50 180-Player Turbo SnG
    $2.20 MTT
    5NL Zoom

IF BR < $700
    $3.50 9/18/45-Player Turbo SnG
    $3.30 MTT
    $5.50 MTT
    10NL Zoom

IF BR < $1500
    $7.00 9/18/45-Player Turbo SnG
    $8.80 MTT
    $11.00 MTT
    10NL Zoom

IF BR > $1500
    $15.00 9/18/45-Player Turbo SnG
    25NL Zoom
    0.25/0.50 CAP

That’s my poker goals for 2013, except one. I’d like to be able to make a living playing poker. It would be an awesome way for me to spend more time on skydiving.

As for non-poker related goals I need to get in shape and lose some weight, I’ve been gaining a lot of weight since last summer. And most likely I will need to get a new job before the end of April. But it’s important that the job fits with the live-training schedule.

Good luck with your goals for 2013 everyone!

Sincerely,

Thomas aka Kjernekar
    Last edited by Kjernekar; Thu Jan 10, 2013, 12:10 AM.

Good luck on your challenge for the year. Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section. All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<< Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Session 1

Here's the results from my first session, I've been playing 45-player SnGs.

Fullsize Image

Net winnings: $7.83
      Current Bankroll: $58.03

- Thomas

Comment

I'm working on my blog post. I'll post it soon Regards, Thomas
        Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
        Good luck on your challenge for the year. Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section. All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<< Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Nice looking plan

I will have to start looking at the lobbies of the 45 mans and where possible start avoiding the PSO grinders there.

Should be easy for me as i only play 4 a day 2 at a time rather than grind out hard like some.

How many games do you normally have on the go at one time?

Grade b
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

this was a duplicate post sorry about that
            Grade b
            I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you, I really like the "Time Vault" challenge. Keeping a public record will help me police myself, and stick to the plan

I usually keep registering SnGs until I reach 20 active tables. Since the 25 cent games aren non-turbo I go for twice that (although I find it hard to reach 40 tables, I seem to bust faster than I can register).

When I reach my set number of tables, I stop registering and play until I'm done with all the tables. As to avoid to many shorthanded tables.

I was actually thinking my first blog post should be about multi tabling.

Regards,

Thomas

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
              Nice looking plan

I will have to start looking at the lobbies of the 45 mans and where possible start avoiding the PSO grinders there.

Should be easy for me as i only play 4 a day 2 at a time rather than grind out hard like some.

How many games do you normally have on the go at one time?

Grade b

Comment

Nice I look forward to that Blog.

Personally my brain explodes if i have more than 4 tables open

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good Luck Kjernekar!

I look forward to following your progression and will be looking out for you on Zoom!

Roland GTX

Comment

Thank you, and good luck to you as well.

Regards,

Thomas

Originally posted by Roland GTX View Post
                    Good Luck Kjernekar!

I look forward to following your progression and will be looking out for you on Zoom!

Roland GTX

Comment

Well, this hasn't been a very good day for Poker. I've been making some big mistakes, and haven't been running good. Todays profits: $0.19 Total Bankroll: $58.22 Here's the graph for today. Fullsize Image Loosing hand of the day: Winning hand of the day: Regards, Thomas
                      Last edited by Kjernekar; Fri Jan 11, 2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Here's the results from today's grind...

Profits: $14.86
                        Current Bankroll: $73.08

Fullsize Image

- Kjernekar

Comment

It's amazing how some people can play as many as 20 tables & still make a profit. Don't you keep timing out?

Anyway, this is a really interesting challenge & I'm looking forward to following your progress. It'd be an amazing acheivement to make $10,000 & Supernova from a $50 bankroll! I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Thank you,

I don't have a big problem with timing out on tables, but sometimes I do. But because of external distractions like YouTube or Facebook.

Regards,

Thomas / Kjernekar

Originally posted by Paul7036 View Post
                            It's amazing how some people can play as many as 20 tables & still make a profit. Don't you keep timing out?

Anyway, this is a really interesting challenge & I'm looking forward to following your progress. It'd be an amazing acheivement to make $10,000 & Supernova from a $50 bankroll! I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Here's todays results.

Games played: 37
                              Profit: $18.39
                              Current Bankroll: $91.47

Fullsize Image

Chillipops asked if I could help him make a spreadsheet for tracking his SnG games. So if anyone else who doesn't have tracking software is interested in a copy, let me know.

Here's a screenshot:

Fullsize Image

I'm also working a Google Documents version.

Regards,

Kjernekar
                              Last edited by Kjernekar; Sat Jan 12, 2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.