PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ggervacio January 2013 Goal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ggervacio January 2013 Goal

I was reading Sandtrap777 2012 Goal... I guess the key to setting up a goal is to write something concrete or measurable. If you want to watch videos as part of skill building, write how many videos you are going to watch monthly, as opposed to just saying "watch more videos".

Below is my initial draft based on my rough estimates. I will do my best to stick to these figures and make adjustments for the succeeding months based on actual results.

While my current bankroll allows me to play 90man at $1-$2 level, record shows I am more profitable at 50 cents. Also, the added buffer i get for playing at lower level further insulate me from tilt. I can have my Aces cracked 5 times in each session and still don't care.

Monthly Goal
    I don't have a yearly goal yet so I will just start with a monthly goal of $80 net profit playing $0.50 90man Turbos. My 2012 record shows I have played 409 games (on & off) and made a net profit of $55.02. This gives me an ROI of 27% or $0.135 profit per game. So, for me to reach my $80 target, I need to play 600 games in a month, as long as I can maintain my ROI. I will play a total of 20 days to give me a 2 days off/rest each week.

Besides my regular grind, I will also be playing in the Premiere League

Weekly Goal
    - 150 games of 90man at $0.5 (20~30 hours a week)
    - watch 2 videos
    - review hands or read book 2 hour
    - post 3 hands for evaluation
    - 100 hands in ICM trainer
    - Earn 150 VPP for the Premiere League
    - 5 Premiere League Tourney
    - Participate in Bankroll-Coop weekly game

Hopefully, upon reaching $500-$1000 bankroll, I may be able to project some long term goals. As of now, I really do not know exactly where I am at poker.

Should you have any comment or suggestion, feel free to post on this thread.
    Last edited by ggervacio; Tue Jan 01, 2013, 01:33 PM.

Great goals ggervacio! Excited to see your progress! umbup: Happy new year!! and run like a god

Comment

Thanks for the support Beerzy. I started very slow on my challenge. There are lots of unavoidable circumstances and energy being focused on some other projects other than poker. Well here's an update as of now: Weekly Goal - 150 games of $0.5 90man : 104 games, bankroll -$4.66 - watch 2 videos : 1 video of 50cents 90man turbo - review hands or read book 2 hour : 1 hour - post 3 hands for evaluation : done, see below - 100 hands in ICM trainer : done 84% accuracy - Earn 150 VPP for the Premiere League : 30.55 VPP - 5 Premiere League Tourney : 3 games, 826th position - Participate in Bankroll-Coop weekly game : done Here's a few hands: Got a Big One, but I am not sure I am making the right amount of bet here. Unfortunately I can't get my HUD to work on the replayer, so I don't have any info on the players. Practically playing based on hand strength and betting patterns only. Had a good flop, but the King was not what I wanted on the turn, especially when he still called my bet. I thought I was beat already, but I could not just check the river. Any comments on my betting? I would like to hear it. I had less than 20BB. If I raise x2.5 and they called and 10+ cards shows, I will definitely fold and get more shortstacked. Pot is almost half my stack so I decided to shove and try to get them to fold immediately. I do believe i have the best hand. Any comments?
      Last edited by ggervacio; Thu Jan 10, 2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Good luck on your challenge for the year. Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section. All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<< Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Will try to give some opinion about those plays, keep in mind I don't play those sng's

#1 Good raise pf, i would presonally made it 700 but 625 it's ok too I guess, post flop, i really don't like your raise to 750, seems way to small for me, I would have made it like 1100 or + for both protection (brodways, flushdraw, straightD,Ax TK, if they're calling a 500 raise they're calling a 810) and value even tough you floped so well you don't want to let them hit their hands so easially right?(You're giving them 7 to 1 and that's bad) + it would disguise your hand and maybe would make you get 3 streets of value

Not playing it exactly the same, but check/calling the river unless i knew something about him, you are ahead alot of times but not enough to value bet there imo, but I gess shoving would be fine too and a std bet that one it's difficult with no reads or stats
          And lil bit of wierd bet sizes but it worked
          (I would value bet if i rly hadn't paid attention and no stats)

std
          bl it happens

Comment

[QUOTE=beerzy19;388379]Will
            Not playing it exactly the same, but check/calling the river unless i knew something about him, you are ahead alot of times but not enough to value bet there imo, but I gess shoving would be fine too and a std bet that one it's difficult with no reads or stats
            And lil bit of wierd bet sizes but it worked
            (I would value bet if i rly hadn't paid attention and no stats)

Appreciate very much the feedback Beerzy.

I decided to min raise preflop. Post flop and river, I bet around half of the pot (+/-).
            On the river, i was a bit hesitant that I might be beat by a fullhouse or flush. So I guess Im was not exactly sure how much to bet. If he calls my last bet and I beat him, it's ok that I didn't squeeze out more from him. I still win a big pot. But I was actually bracing myself for a 3bet on the river, even a shove(bluff), and I was not ready to get all-in with him. I also thought with a low bet on the river, he might think, I just want to squeeze a few more from him.

How much would you bet on the river if it was you?

Comment

Update on my challenge:

As much as I want to keep a regular grinding schedule, I found myself grinding, sometimes deep into the night, or during mid-day, or in the wee hours of the morning before the rooster is able to crow thrice.

I knew I was not logging the minimum time in my plan as there are some days I missed grinding, even during weekends. If I stick to my plan grinding the 50cents 90man turbos, I won't be able to reach my 150 VPPs target which is very important for my Premiere League. So I had to drastically veer away from my original plan. Besides, I was not getting good result with the 90man turbos.

Was thinking of going back to $1.5 90man KO or $2.5, but I really have no time to grind long hours, and I am beginning to get tired of it. So I decided to take a stab again at the $1.5 9man. I tried a few games, 1 table at a time. I did not expect I will get good results. Up to now I am still playing 9man regular speed, even jumped to $3.5 from time to time if im getting really good result in the $1.5. And today, I started multi-tabling(4). Hopefully, I can stay and advance in the 9man SNG permanently, and that this is not just a spike on the graph.

Goal Updates:
              - 47 games of $1.5 9man : added $28 profit

- watch videos : total of 5 so far (Spacegravy's SNG series)

- review hands or read book 2 hour : still only 1 hour logged

- post hands for evaluation : still only 3 posted

- hands in ICM trainer : did another 500 with 85% accuracy (+1% improvement)

- Earn 150 VPP for the Premiere League : 158.90 VPP (done for this month, so I just need to do good with the League next month)

- Premiere League Tourney : 11 games total, 722th position, i think i will be in a tight spot again this month.

- Participate in Bankroll-Coop weekly game : only 2 active participation out of the supposed 3.

Other Tourneys :
              - besides grinding the 9man, I also played more than my usual amount of tournaments and satellites. This is where the rest of profit and VPPs came. The following, i think are worth mentioning:

- won $11 in $2.20 Sunday Storm Sat (for the TCOOP Coop Group)

- from Storm Sat tourney$ we got $27 TCOOP ticket

- the group decided to chip in $6 more so we can join TCOOP #13 instead. We finished in 300+ place and got $80, half of which i get to keep. The rest went to the group.

- won another TCOOP ticket worth $27 playing $0.2 rebuy satellite.

- I finally get to convert to Tourney$ the $33 Speedway
              tickets I've been saving for about a year now. Still having second thought of entering TCOOP #44 as I initially planned. As I have already converted it to Tourney$, I can enter smaller Tourneys instead of risking huge part of this month's profit on 1 Tourney.

- Played 2 $2.20 1R1A and cashed in 1 tourney, think i was just about break-even.

Bankroll
              - Based on Playing History Audit from PS, total profit for this month so far is up by $100+ which probably includes Tourney$ from my Speedway Ticket ($33) and prize from last month's Premiere League ($20). So I would estimate a +$50 profit from this month's grinding.

I guess that's it for now. Hope to post some hands before the month is over.

Goodnight and goodluck at the tables.

Comment

Looks like i'm forgetting the basics... am I suppose to raise here? and how much?

Comment

How would you play this?

Comment

Somehow, my instinct tells me that I am already beat. And I finally listened.

Comment

Is it right for me to fold here?

Comment

Its hard for us to comment on your hands without some reads.

Grade b
                        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I kept my goals really broad and vague (goal for 2013: to try and play better lol), so it's cool to see somebody take another route and lay out some measurable goals. Am really enjoying seeing you updating them throughout the month with the red text GL with your Challenge!! umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
                            Its hard for us to comment on your hands without some reads.

Grade b
                            Thanks for comment Grade B. Right now I can not get my HUD to work on my replayer. Im using HM2. so, as much as I want it to post VPIP/PFR stats, I can't. And I can't remember much of the game i just previously played... a handicap of mine... I'll edit the hands i posted and put some reads if i can find out what i am doing wrong with HM2.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
                              I kept my goals really broad and vague (goal for 2013: to try and play better lol), so it's cool to see somebody take another route and lay out some measurable goals. Am really enjoying seeing you updating them throughout the month with the red text GL with your Challenge!! umbup:
                              The red text thing, i probably saw it from a forum post here, could be from Sandtrap777 too, just like the "measurable" thing. I guess each goal is situational for every player, and your goal to become a better player is a very good goal everyone should strive for. But that would make playing poker more difficult, especially if everyone caught on to it! Good luck too on your challengeumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.