PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official PSO Fullring vs 6-max challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official PSO Fullring vs 6-max challenge

Hi guys,

We are planning to run a team challenge for PSO users who either play 6-max or fullring No Limit Hold'em cashgames starting on March 25th for one week until April 1st.

We will be forming two community teams - one for 6-max and one for fullring - that will be competing against each other in a race for the most profit. Team members will have to be starting out on 2NL with an $80 bankroll and grind their way up using our bankroll management guidelines.

Dave (TheLangolier) will be supervising team fullring and I will be supervising Team 6-Max. The challenge is set to last 1 week starting on March 25th and the team with the highest total profit will be the winner.

For this purpose, Dave and I will be opening up a team blog for each team to post results and daily updates about their performance. The blogs can should also be used to post and discuss hands or questions with your team mates and team trainers. After the challenge has been completed Dave and I will be holding a live training session to present and discuss the team's performance, stats, possible leaks and to review interesting hand histories.

We will start gathering teams from now on. You can sign up if you will be able to meet the following requirements:

Terms & Conditions

- maximum number of members per team is 20

- each team member has to start out with an $80 bankroll on 2NL and strictly follow our bankroll management guidelines (40 stack minimum rule):

- at the initial 2NL starting level, there will be a stop loss of 20 stacks imposed, so if a player's BR falls below $40 they must stop playing at that point and should consult with their coach.

If your bankroll exceeds...

...$100 you may take your first shots at 5NL, but have to move down to 2NL once you are back at $80
    ...$240 you may take your first shots at 10NL, but have to move down to 5NL once you are back at $200
    ...$464 you may take your first shots at 16NL, but have to move down to 10NL once you are back at $400

- each team member has to play a minimum number of 2000 hands between March 25th and April 1st, and send all their hands (original PokerStars hand history .txt files) to their team trainer.
    The deadline for submitting hands will be 24:00 E.T. on Sunday, April 1st. Emails are: dave@mypokerschoolonline.com and xflixx@myintellipoker.com

- each team member has to post at least one short daily statement about their current performance (original PokerStars hand history format).

Prizes:

- each team member of the winning team who complied with the above T&C's will receive a $3.30 ticket
    - each team member of the losing team who complied with the above T&C's will receive a $1.10 ticket
    - each participant of the challenge will be able to register for a special $50 added tourmament

Registration

Please post in this thread if and for which team you would like to register and we will put your name up in the list. Registration is open until March 24th, 15:00 ET!

Let's get started!
    - Felix
    Last edited by TheLangolier; Thu Aug 30, 2012, 07:49 PM. Reason: rules updates
    Live Trainer

List of registered participants (red need confirmation)

Team Fullring:

PanickyPoker

sydhollow97
    Grade b
    BandShooter
    Roland GTX
    ThomasOslo
    royalraiser85
    19honu62

Team 6-max:

Sandtrap777
    EdinFreeMan
    ForrestFive
    joy7108
    willhebe
    5HELLEY
    Croyd93
    DiveAllIn
    akselerons
    Tunks2
    chuckkky
    Last edited by TheLangolier; Sat Mar 24, 2012, 06:28 PM. Reason: update list
    Live Trainer

Comment

Hey Felix this looks great but can you be more specific on what exactly you are looking for as far as reporting so there is no confusion.

- each team member has to play a minimum number of 2000 hands between March 25th and April 1st, and send all their hands (original PokerStars hand history .txt files) to their team trainer.

- each team member has to post at least one short daily statement about their current performance (original PokerStars hand history format).

Can you give an example of how you wish this to look. I'm really leaning towards full ring here.

Thanks

Comment

I'm in.

Full ring FTW.

Comment

I should be in, will confirm when I get back from Vegas

It will be for 6 max

Comment

@honu:

We will form teams with up to 20 members for each format. They can grind for one week and log as many hands as they wish to support the overall result of their team as best as they can. The only conditions to receive prices in the end are: sticking to the above BRM and logging at least 2k hands during that week plus sending all hands played to their team trainer.

Team trainers will then merge all hands of team members together in one alias in HEM and producea single team result.

Hope it's all clear now, if there are still some points to be explained let me know!
            - Felix
            Live Trainer

Comment

Sounds like fun but too big for my bankroll
              7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well..maybe l'm reading this wrong...but will look at it more...but,

All this for maybe a $3.30 ticket?

Have the roll, but it does not look that good to me, IMO

But like l said, looks interesting,

cheers
                Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

If you have an $80 bankroll, you could argue that you're nowhere near rolled for a $3.30 tournament. It's not a huge prize, but it would be a fun treat for my game at least, since I don't often play MTT's. Some people might see it as a shot at a higher stake if they win a ticket. I'm just doing this for the fun of it though. I imagine you don't even need to make much money to win a ticket; you just need to be on the winning team. If everyone makes $10, that might be enough. inking:

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                    If you have an $80 bankroll, you could argue that you're nowhere near rolled for a $3.30 tournament. It's not a huge prize, but it would be a fun treat for my game at least, since I don't often play MTT's. Some people might see it as a shot at a higher stake if they win a ticket. I'm just doing this for the fun of it though. I imagine you don't even need to make much money to win a ticket; you just need to be on the winning team. If everyone makes $10, that might be enough. inking:
                    just asking......how much is the rake on 2000 plus hands? cheers

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
                      just asking......how much is the rake on 2000 plus hands?
                      Made a mistake in my initial post. The rake could actually be very high if you double up and stack off like crazy. It'll be lower if you take a more variance-free route, but if you win $20 total by doubling up four times on four different $5 full stacks, the rake would be about $1.20. That's on the low end of what you could be raked for $20, but it all depends on how much you win. Anyway, the rake would help get VPP's up, which might help people access more restricted content. That's one extra upside to the challenge. umbup:
                      Last edited by PanickyPoker; Sun Mar 04, 2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

cheers, Thx for the answer, Hope it runs greatumbup: cheers

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hi

id u are already rolled for say 10nl can u start at that level or do u have to start at 2nl?

Comment

Everyone must start at 2NL. I imagine this would be to even the field in case one team has members with $1000 bankrolls and the other mostly has members with $100 bankrolls.

Originally posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
                            Terms & Conditions

- each team member has to start out with an $80 bankroll on 2NL

Comment

ok ty

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.