PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed's Monthly Challenges to Fellow PSOers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed's Monthly Challenges to Fellow PSOers

I'm going to post any future challenges I devise here.

Will announce challenge for March 2012 with added prizes in next post.

Good luck all.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Ed's March 2012 25x$1.50 Fifty50 Challenge to PSOers $15.00 Prizes Added

This is a one off for March 2012 - further challenges may follow - dependent on how this goes and what PSO come up with for their own challenges. I will be playing a lot of these games in March but will not be eligible for my own prizes.

RULES
    1) State your intent in this thread to play 25 x $1.50 Fifty50 STT SitnGos in March 2012.

Please do not start your games until I have confirmed you are accepted in the challenge and listed you in the confirmed challengers list in post 7 below - so that I can track your games.

2) Complete 25 successive games of $1.50 Fifty50STTs (regular/turbos or mixed) within the month of March 2012 (using Eastern Time Midnight as the start/end point).

3) Post your results in your own thread in the Challenges and Battleground forum.

4) Please post your results in the following format in your thread; as an example here are the last three games of this format that I played. I can track these by the T-No on PokerStars Client and on PokerProLabs.

No. - Tournament No. - Rank - Buy-In - Prize - Tourney Profit/(Loss) -Cumulative Profit/(Loss)
    1) T523218284 - 2/10 - $1.50 - $3.24 - $1.74 - $1.74
    2) T524087763 - 2/10 - $1.50 - $3.13 - $1.63 - $3.37
    3) T524142850 - 6/10 - $1.50 - $0.00 - ($1.50) - $1.87

5) You may make as many successive attempts as you like as long as they are completed in March.

6) I reserve the right to close the challenge to new applicants - this will only happen if there is an overwhelming number of challengers (so it looks very unlikely to happen). Once you are on the list you are part of the challenge and can take as many shots as you like.

7) Any player can win more than one prize. If you make three attempts and you have the top three profitable runs of 25 games you will be able to scoop the full prize pool of $15.00!

PRIZES - $15.00 PRIZE POOL
    The player with the most profit over 25 successive games will win $7.50, with $4.50 for second place and $3.00 for third place.

In the event of a tie the prizes will be split. For example if the top 2 have the same profit they will recieve $6 each, ($7.50+$4.50 divided by 2) if the top 3 tie they will recieve $5.00 each ($15.00 divided 3 ways), if two players tie for 3rd they will receive $0.75 each - etc.

(I think exact ties are unlikely due to the varied payouts - but it could happen!)

You can view the current Prize Leaderboard here - I'll try to keep it up to date

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ZE-LEADERBOARD

Good luck all

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Thu Mar 08, 2012, 06:19 PM. Reason: Added some clarification and example for posting results
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Great challenge Ed and Giddy Up to all challengers.

Comment

umbup: Very Nice one Edumbup:

Comment

I intend to take on Ed and play 25 1$.50 50 50's in March.

Grade b
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
            I intend to take on Ed and play 25 1$.50 50 50's in March. Grade b
            Good Luckumbup:

Comment

Official List of Challengers

01) Grade b
              02) Roland GTX
              03) milehigh0874
              04) marvinsytan
              05) tom905
              06) OMGBNicolita
              07) wetmoose
              08) JokerAce68
              09) PINOY_HITMAN
              10) akselerons
              11) Ovalman

last updated 16:14 WET 8th March 2012

Good luck all

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Fri Mar 16, 2012, 08:27 PM.
              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I intend take on Ed and grade b by playing 25 x $1.50 Fifty50s in March.

Sounds like fun and it's been ages since I've played a Fifty50. Thanks for a nice challenge EdinFreeMan!

Roland GTX

Comment

We have 2 challengers so far with Grade b and Roland GTX signed up for the challenge - plenty of room for more! I had forgotten it was a leap year! So the challenge will begin this Thursday.

I have expanded the rules above a bit for clarification - if anybody sees any potential problems or pitfalls please inform me. I would certainly be happy to lodge the prize fund with a trusted third party - maybe with one of PSO 'officials' if they are willing - just to keep everything above board.

Good luck all

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

re post

ok ed im in i intend to play 25 $1.50 fifty/fifty games in your challenge

Comment

Originally posted by milehigh0874 View Post
                      ok ed im in i intend to play 25 $1.50 fifty/fifty games in your challenge
                      OK that's great - added you to the list - good luck.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Very,very cool Ed. umbup:umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                          Very,very cool Ed. umbup:umbup:
                          Thanks Moxie Pip - I thought I would put something out there this month whilst we await the PSO official challenges. I've always enjoyed the Cowboy's Challenge but usually struggle with either the volume and/or the target of doubling the bankroll - I keep trying though. This should be a bit more manageable in terms of volume of games and any profits made will be good enough to have a chance for the prizes. Plus as I am playing these a lot myself just now I am interested to see how other members get on with the format. So roll up folks! More challengers needed and the challenge kicks-off tomorrow. Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

re post

ed i didnt see anything stating otherwise so i assume games can be normal speed and turbos thrown in together so long as they are $1.50 fifty/fifty ,please correct me if im wrong

Comment

cool challenge i want to be part of it please sign me up Mr. EDumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.