PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy's Challenge without the prizes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy's Challenge without the prizes!

Okay Posse I just received and email from PSO Admin advising me that there will be no more PSO prizes moving forward for the Cowboy's Challenge. However, PSO will be announcing shortly their own challenges with prizes etc so stay tuned.

Giddy Up!

Fun whilst it lasted mabee they got a better idea.

Comment

I'm thinking the PSO's definition of better will not. What I see is higher costs and a prize not worthy of that term. If the PSO continues with the ticket option, and limits the contest to members, that will be appropriate. I'm worried this challenge will become similar to doing a high orbit in the Battle of the Planets with a one-week time frame. That would eliminate everyone from the challenge.

Let's wait and see what the PSO marketing personnel have done to the original. If I'm right, (and I hope I'm not), the Cowboy Challenge will continue as it did before the site offered a prize. A means to improve your bankroll at a low cost, with the added benefit of bragging rights.

There is one good thing though. Now Cowboy can participate in his challenge.

Comment

Cairn regardless of what PSO does I will be committing $5.00 from my bankroll every month to the person with the highest ROI in my challenge. I know it isn't much but it's a start. I am working on the details and hoping Too2Coo will work with me to adjust the rules as it is closed and I can't change it.

Giddy Up!

Comment

I enjoyed the challange as it helped me focus on working and thinking long term not result to result.

The "incentive" of a prize did mean i played more in one month than i might have but was not my ultamite incentive, it was a nice added extra.

Its a little disappointing that PSO / Pokerstars increased the prize pool and the next month pulled the plug. I don't see why both can't run side by side.

BUT....it is what it is.

ty for your work on this to date cowboy its helped me no end.

Grade b
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

prize or no i ll continue if only because it gets my vpps for the prem league and a very little profit to play mtts
            thanks for your work cowboy

gl y all
            6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I guess if the alternative was already in place, they'd have just announced the new and improved alternative, so that there wouldn't be that lull of uncertainty, you figure? I like what Grade b and wetmoose said. Like so much of this Challenge is the fact that Cowboy got his start by doing what we're doing - trying out different games, playing thousands of each, kept track of his results, then moved up the stakes and stuff ... ditto what Grade b and wetmoose said umbup: And I never had a realistic shot of winning a prize, so yeah, it's more about trying get into a habit and stuff, so I'm still in for next month too umbup: Sam PS It is kind of curious to wonder what the alternative will be - hopefuly m is right. Cairn, that's true - it'll have to be something different than battle of the planets, eh? So hmmm .... very curious!!
              Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Feb 24, 2012, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Rules have now been updated!

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.