PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TrustySam's February Cowboy's Challenge - $1.50 STT's (Regular Speed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrustySam's February Cowboy's Challenge - $1.50 STT's (Regular Speed)

Okay, so this is my first official attempt at the Cowboy's Challenge ... so will have to make sure I get all the data in right - Cowboy is this screencap good enough? Here's the results for the first two games. Busted out super early in the 2nd ... I keep forgetting that QQQ88>AA888 ... I guess when it happens often enough I'll finally learn. Oh well ... so here's the first 2 games: I didn't realize until I checked my data that I've ITM'd 8 of the last 12 of these (including this early exit), so things might get worse before they get better I guess ... I like that with the Cowboy's Challenge it focuses on the long-view, so it's easier to not get as discouraged in the short-term. Going to go fire another one up after I go have some juice umbup:

Sigh ... seems I've developed a pattern, where I try to take a short-stack out on the bubble and I suffer a bad beat, go on tilt, and wind up getting eliminated by the big stack with a TP lesser kicker. I think it's happened 3 times in the past two days, or something like that. These feel like games I'd normally be'd cashing in, so I don't know if maybe the volume might be making me more impatient.

I guess it's like multi-tabling - like maybe your ITM might go down, but your profit overall will be up because of the increased volume? Except I'm not making any profit right now ... except negative profit

Here's my updated chart ... 7 games done though, so that's something to be happy about. Hopefully I can do better as things go on and I get used to playing 4 a day

Comment

you know how to get close now get ITM

patience is a virtue and IT happens
      gl y all
      6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
        Sigh ... seems I've developed a pattern, where I try to take a short-stack out on the bubble and I suffer a bad beat, go on tilt, and wind up getting eliminated by the big stack with a TP lesser kicker. I think it's happened 3 times in the past two days, or something like that. These feel like games I'd normally be'd cashing in, so I don't know if maybe the volume might be making me more impatient.

I guess it's like multi-tabling - like maybe your ITM might go down, but your profit overall will be up because of the increased volume? Except I'm not making any profit right now ... except negative profit

Here's my updated chart ... 7 games done though, so that's something to be happy about. Hopefully I can do better as things go on and I get used to playing 4 a day

Yes sir this is a nice way to show the status and can easily be verified.

Giddy Up!

Comment

Originally posted by wetmoose 613 View Post
          you know how to get close now get ITM

patience is a virtue and IT happens
          gl y all
          Thx for the encouragement wetmoose

It seems like there was some improvement there - but when the fatigue and frustration came back, and I went more on 'autopilot', some of the bad habits and stuff came back. Hopefully over time that'll happen less and less I guess (hopefully! )

Congrats on the nice returns you've gotten doing the Cowboy's Challenge, and gl with February!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 19honu62 View Post
            Yes sir this is a nice way to show the status and can easily be verified. Giddy Up!
            Okay, thx Cowboy - cool, cool! One of my results was missing from pokerprolabs, but I contacted them and they posted it today so I'll keep checking there to make sure all the data matches umbup:

Comment

Yes sir this is a nice way to show the status and can easily be verified.

Giddy Up!
              If you check Sam's profile I believe you'll find that the masculine honorific "sir" is not the appropriate term of address for our trusty friend.

Sam is of the fairer gender, and we should all cheer her as she takes on the Cowboy's Challenge.
              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Here's the updates for today - thought it might be kind of neat to add notes to games where there were obvious spots for improvement. I'm sure there's room for improvement in every game, but figured it'd be easiest to start with the biggest most obvious ones ... Some of it's variance - like the last game I played, where this maniac with a VPIP of 86 was winning every pot I'm thinking of trying to avoid playing pots in later stages, and try to instead steal blinds if I need to maintain my stack. And if I have a decent-sized stack, just not do anything, unless people are especially tight and passive. Because stuff happens - maybe it's better to take fewer risks until the bubble bursts? I too went out in the last game with AK against the luckbox ... probably I should have added a note to that game too Will give these another shot tomorrow. Going to keep at them umbup:
                Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Feb 05, 2012, 02:50 AM. Reason: Added a missed game

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore 59 View Post

Sam is of the fairer gender,
                  haha - yeah I'm a girl!

But probably most of the time I just wind up sounding like a nerd though

Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Feb 03, 2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

i havent figured out the best way to play the bubble either.you almost have to be physic.
                    gl y all
                    6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I might try to not play so much at all if I'm not the short-stack ... I'll see how that goes

Comment

gl sam cheers r0ck beat em bust em..... ps they are sngs so tighten your range well before the bubble ,,,,save that fold equity for where it has the most value!!! It gives u way more ammo(plays) to pick up the small pots @ the bubble .... and remember position is everything

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
                          haha - yeah I'm a girl!

But probably most of the time I just wind up sounding like a nerd though

Sorry for the mix up Sam!

Comment

Sorry for the mix up Sam!

Oh, and in case anybody was wondering - I'm not really a cat either (haha! )

Comment

Originally posted by r0ck.carver View Post
                              gl sam cheers r0ck beat em bust em..... ps they are sngs so tighten your range well before the bubble ,,,,save that fold equity for where it has the most value!!! It gives u way more ammo(plays) to pick up the small pots @ the bubble .... and remember position is everything
                              Hey rockcarver - thx for the support!! Will see how it goes ... if it doesn't happen this month, there's always next month I guess

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.