PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Upon A Time...

B4 Black Friday, PokerStars offered a bunch of games that were "Can't Miss", and guarenteed to fill quickly or draw good numbers. Some of these games include... Sunday Storm Sat: $2.20 Turbo 36 player S&G [6 Seats] This was my "Go to" game. U could actually run these in sets of 5. Yup, that's how quickly they filled. I'd have 5 up and running wid a larger MTT to boot. It was a straight forward plan... 5 games = price of Sunday Storm ticket, $11.00. Win 1 in 5 (20%), and u break-even. Anything over 1 ticket every 5 games was gravy. 7th place was consolation prize of $6.00. As a self-challenge, I use to run 8, which could get quite dicey @ times. Sunday Storm Sat: $2.20 Similar to the above, but 10 minute blind intervals. Way back when, starting fields of 200-400 were the norm. I credit 99% of my 1849 1st ties (as shown on OPR) to these 2. $2.20 NL Hold'em [5x-Shootout, 4 Max, Turbo] 1024 players to make full starting field. Full fields pay to 64 places (R3). FT (R5) pays $300.00+ to 1st. I believe playin these short tables, help to round out ur overall game. umbup: Sunday Million Sat: $2.20 [3x-Shootout, 6 Max, Turbo] 216 player S&G... 2 tickets. The only bummer to this 1... 3rd place consolation prize of $2.00. Sunday Million Sat: $3.50 [3x-Shootout, 6 Max, Turbo] 216 player S&G... 3 tickets. A better 4th place consolation prize also. These games are all still being offered by PokerStars... but unfortunately, lack the popularity they once held. WHY??? Becuz of Black Friday, and the loss of our American counterparts. Boy... do I ever miss our southern neighbours. Here's hopin we can all be 1 big happy family... again... and sooner rather than later. umbup: Easy out.
    Last edited by EasyChips4U; Wed Jan 11, 2012, 05:06 AM. Reason: typo
    5 Time Bracelet Winner

Panicky in.

Agreed.

Panicky out.

Comment

You got room for us all? We could just come up there and stay with you, Eff, Barkin'Bob, Joy........ the list goes on and on evil:
      Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.