PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy's January Challenge (I mean Plummet)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy's January Challenge (I mean Plummet)

Being ambitious, I started $1.00 45 man SNGs late in December and increased by 35 buy-ins.

Then I declared that I would take on the Cowboy's challenge at $1.00 buy-ins for January and instantly went on a downward spiral.

I burned through my 25 buy-ins for the challenge in 30 games and ended my attempt in record speed.

This happened in December too. I was successful with $0.25 90 man SNGs, then posted, then went on a slide. It's pretty funny and embarrassing all at once.

Even though my January attempt is a ridiculous failure, all is not lost.

I am sitting at 80 games completed at this level with $4.93 to the positive. I am going to continue on, but wow that really hurt.

Well I wish everyone success in their challenges and hope that my catastrophe can at least bring some amusement into your day.

Troy
    Bracelet Winner

not used troy been there done that couldn t afford the t shirt

gl y all
    6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Your right about about the t-shirt wetmoose. It's a lot more costly at the $1 buy in.

It seems like the play is weaker and the variance is greater due to it, than the $0.25 buy in. I am still reviewing those games, but looking back so far, I am playing relatively well. Some bad timing, but mostly right now the cards aren't holding up.

Have some good run in your challenge.

Troy
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Best of luck in your future efforts, I'm sure you can do it. You won't beat this challenge every time because that is very unlikely for most players, but you seem to be able to keep putting yourself in a good position to be able to beat the challenge, so keep up the good work.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement Swaxwell,

It is such a good challenge. Even when we fall short of the goal, we can often increase our bankroll and learn some valuable lessons along the way.

Troy
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.