PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grade b's 2012 Goals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade b's 2012 Goals

This is a copy of what i posted in Sandtrap777 forum post to follow along and set your own goals see here.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...073#post319073

My poker diet For January 2012.

1. I will actually stick to some idea of bankroll management.
    MTT's 100 buy in's
    SnG's 25 buy in's
    Cash following xxFlixxs rules
    2NL $80
    5NL $200* (I am starting here)
    10NL $400 - Shot at $240
    25NL $1000
    50NL $2000

(and no i don't actual expect to up in this levels during Jan but i hope to follow same rules for the whole year.)

2. Study
    I will study 8 hours of Video and or Live training this month.
    I will read / Study (Harrington on holdem volume 1)

3. Play
    I will play at least ..
    8MTT's this month
    100 SnG's of the same level - (Level to be determined on Jan 1st)
    20 hours of ring games Hold 'em
    4 hours of ring games Omaha

4. Review
    Each week I will review...
    2 MTT's (if played)
    2 Sn'G's
    2 ring sessions
    Where possible one winning and one losing

Grade b.

Big Thanks to sandtrap777 for getting me in motion.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Ok so i know its not Jan yet but no time like the present

I decided on 1.50 sit and go's
    so far 6 played and profit of $11.92 woohoo.

Currently on chapter 3 of my book.

have started playing Knockouts as part of the 1.50 level and just noticing hope loose they are.

maybe its a glich but in 3 games nocked out 10 players for extra $2.70 and this was still playing my same nitty ABC tag game. last game no knock outs and blinded to push /fold mode crushed by KK.

ok off to watch some tv more later

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck and may 2012 be a very profitable year for you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty cannonlee with PSO's help i feel good about the upcoming year.

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I like the review step. There is a lot to be learned there, a good way to find leaks.

Comment

A review of Two STT's so I figured it was time to give STT's another go. I read in the PSO forums that the knockout format can be quite soft. So I fired up one "normal" and one knock out. (I also had an MTT playing for a total of 3 tables) So I played both formats in the same manner. I think! So first off the knock out, you get a bonus of 27cents if you knock someone out. Early on i made a note of the VPIP stats at the table. 48, 52, 5(me), 43, 43, 57, 5. This was towards the end of level 3. As you can see two players have been eliminated already. The preflop action in this early hand (the first I played) was pretty typical to this point. Notice the two limpers before I act. Now normally I would raise more with two limpers but didn't want to bloat the pot too much with what after all is a moderate holding out of position. I decided i should put my nitty tight image to good use and play a few hands I normally would not play. However this is something that can get you in trouble. Note the attempted bluff... ok so got lucky which is always nice, very next hand same cards same result.. now I know I have 66 both hands but I feel much better about the second one given the two relative stack sizes. we played 3 handed for nearly 30 hands until which pretty much sealed the deal for me, I went on to win the game and collect 5 bounties (4 knock outs plus my own) On to the reg STT VPIP Stats at the same time in the game 17,5 (me), 20, 27,14,30 So although the table is playing tighter we have actually lost one extra player. My first hand (i played)was a BBS I have no idea what Slapgore was thing in this hand I can only assume he misread his hand. He did get some revenge very next BB though However given the big calling station I had marked him as I nearly folded to his re-raise pre-flop, but decided I could risk some chips and hope to hit big as he would then spew his stack my way. But when I missed time to go away. Ever have one of those hands when your opponent just doesn't want to go away? Interestingly at this point the table tighten up (bubble effect) and i stole lots of pots uncontested. it was all looking rosy after the bubble broke until one villain finally picked up a hand, now is that fair? I managed to hand about and get heads up finally losing and taking second place. Conclusion Both games were similar, and defiantly beatable by playing simple ABC Tag style poker. I attempted a few steals I didn't need to try, but at the same time as we got towards the bubble stealing was defiantly profitable. I shall be trying some more of these soon Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ok so heres the scoop so far,

science 22nd dec played

77 sit and gos 1.50 by ins $27.14 up, ITM 48%, ROI 23.5%

cash 1959 hands at 5cent level down $7.66

watched one video attended 3 live trainings still on chapter one of book.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I noticed these were being moved to challenges forum, is that true for everyone posting 2012 goals and updates?

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Humm bad start to January,

Played 29 sit and gos at 1.50 level - $8.87

played an hour of 2c table games (due to some poor BRM in Dec (tut tut)) $-0.50

4 MTT's -$1.65
                  1 x 2.20 - out in 3000th

2 x 1.10 - cashed in one

so down 11 bucks in 2 days. Time to read some more of that darn book....

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck hope u do well. I have 1 goal and that is to see a month with + Profit

Comment

Ok after a bit of soul searching i have decided to divide up my Bankroll.

So after yesterdays games it stands as follows

Sit and go's - $156.81 - will complete current run of 100 1.50's then try some 3.50's

cash - $100.58 - Sticking with 1/2 cent level

other MTT (home games) $23.01.

Will update as i remember.

Oh and about 1/2 way though book - got a play book for christmas and read it while Leanne is shopping

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

So far
                        BR - STT's -185.06 cash games 101.74 other- 25.19.

total BR -$311.99
                        Last edited by Grade b; Fri Jan 13, 2012, 02:30 AM. Reason: i can't add up

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

BR update

SnG's - 217.81
                          Cash - 102.05

Other - 26.59

finished HoH some interesting points in there. Good examples

Playing 1/2 omaha full ring games as well as 3.50 STT and just started on the 27 man tables played 3 so far. Out first hand in first one with a flush draw , my bad.

5th in next and 1st in third.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

not a great week !!!

Added 10 to BR (to play the promo)

current Roll
                            SnG - $177.91
                            ring games - $99.25
                            other (includes the extra 10 ) $28.67

some normal variance here i think although my other is shrinking faster than i was hoping i may have to stop playing the big $2.20.

currently 486th in open league

ok bring on the next week.....
                            Last edited by Grade b; Sun Jan 22, 2012, 01:24 AM. Reason: adding place in open.

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck next week!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.