PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday's best, Sunday's finest, when your money's in the minus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's best, Sunday's finest, when your money's in the minus

9:15am (WET) first cup of tea in hand, first poker game table popped up.

It is Sunday and as Elvis (AKA Declan McManus) sang, Sunday's Best.

My challenge is to break even on the day cash wise, and hopefully win a ticket or two

I am going to have a day at the tables, doing a lot of the great stuff and the just fun stuff on offer at PS and PSO - much of it for free or very little money. Anything good or bad happens I'll stick it in here. Feel free to add your Sunday poker thoughts and highlights.

Mine will hopefully be - good runs in PSO Premier games, Horrors77s HU session and then following the Sunday Specials in Live Training, and in about 11 hours from now a few home games in the Cowboy's Corral until I'm too tired too carry on.

I'm starting with some easy fun free stuff. My favourite astronomer freeroll - NL 2-7 Single Draw - and in 15mins the Facebook Freeroll and $0.10 Tourneys. I should be properly awake by the time I bust from these 3 freebies.

Good luck all and enjoy your Sunday

Peace

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

First double through in the freeroll - we have 3 sitouts at the table so it is a 4 way contest here
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Sets me up for a wee run hopefully. I played one of these yesterday and came around the - 100-150 mark, need to be top 56 for a ticket. Facebook $0.10 tourney is starting now. Ed
    Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Nov 06, 2011, 01:10 PM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Busted from the $0.10 Facebook tourney by running into rockets.
      Late registered for the Facebook Freeroll so lets see if I can win a ticket back. I've got 44 $0.10 Facebook tickets and they are all getting used this month. Ed
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

10:00am (WET) 2 more games pop up - 10th Anniversary Giveaway Freeroll and the good old PSO Open Skill League. Watch out if you are in PSO Open - I'm a loose cannon! On the radio one of my favourite Scots, Kirsty Young, is introducing another, Ian Rankin on Desert Island Discs Revisited. I've met Ian a few times but unfortunately not Kirsty. Been very quiet for cards in the 2-7, but one more double up with this great hand
        Ed
        Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Nov 06, 2011, 12:25 PM.
        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Dumped from facebook freeroll with 2 successive pocket pairs getting trashed, first TT by the devils hand.
          Ian Rankin picked Joy Division's Atmosphere in his Desert Island Discs. Now I'm all depressed. Ed
          Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Nov 06, 2011, 12:24 PM.
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Out of the 10th Aniversary Freeroll, I'm not hanging about in these - any made hand getting shoved.
            Sticking around in PSO Open, doubling through the big stack calling station with Aces
            Ed [Rankin is playing the Stones 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' - another song lyric relevant for poker players]
            Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Nov 06, 2011, 12:42 PM.
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Another double up in PSO Open winning a race with my AK shove.
              Into the breaks now. Just the PSO Open and 2-7 Freeroll still running Current positions are PSO Open 892 of 1559 from 10,000 entrants 2-7 Freeroll 378 of 444 from 4,435 entrants Ed
              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Gone from the 2-7, possibly a bad move on my part - semi-bluff shoving a hand drawing to the 9 over a min raise which I suspected was a made hand. Needed to swap my Ace for 8,6,4 or 2 to be good here. Not terrible odds, but risky.
                Swapped that freeroll for a Razz game now. Not much of a stud player so very basic strategy here, 3 good low starting cards and pot control on early streets then bet a decent made hand. A bit like this.
                or even like this
                Seat 8: oxr1956 mucked [2c Jc 9d 7c 5d Td 9s] Ed
                Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Nov 06, 2011, 02:04 PM.
                4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

12:00 Noon (WET)

Running 446 of 2,125 from 3,963 entrants in the Razz - but sitting out.

Lunch break. Manic morning of freerolling. Back in an hour for the PSO Premier and more Facebooks.

Ed
                  4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

13:00 (WET) Running 305 of 414 from 3,963 entrants in the Razz - but need to concentrate on the serious PSO Premier League now and another FB $0.10 & Freeroll. Started badly in PSO Premier again this month, 7 negative points in a row, but cashed yesterday to get me back in the black on 1505.90 points in 456th place. This was the hand I lost on about 3am this morning in PSO, trying to get to the FT and finishing 22nd. Ed
                    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Picked up a nice pot early in the FB $0.10
                      Ed
                      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

And another nice hold for a second big pot in the FB $0.10
                        Although I have gone from the FB Freeroll shoving 77 on about 13BBs.
                        Doing reasonably in PSO Premier game and still in the Razz, about 110 of 150 looking for a double up. [Out of Razz in 141st place] Ed
                        Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Nov 06, 2011, 03:44 PM.
                        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Here is my Razz bust, nice enough starting hand, then bad to pair the 4, but I decide I am going with this as I do need to double up. No way back from this point anyway. The 3 is a great card for me on 5th street. Just needed to hit one of the other aces and then I am good. But I miss.
                          So down to 2 tables now, both the important ones. PSO Prem I am currently 98 of 278 from 406 starters at the break. Facebook $0.10 I am currently 188 of 712 from 2,665 entrants. Pays to 396. More tea required. Ed
                          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck Ed umbup: I'm going to take a run at the Bigs ($5.50, $11, $22 and maybe the $55) and the storm. Had some luck playing 27 sit n goes this morning. Played two $7 with one 3rd and one $3.50 bagging another 3rd. So around $30 up so far. Just doubled up in the Big $5.50 With pocket JJ! Who'd have thunk it. May the flops be with you.
                            Last edited by steveisnot; Sun Nov 06, 2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steveisnot View Post
                              Good luck Ed umbup: I'm going to take a run at the Bigs ($5.50, $11, $22 and maybe the $55) and the storm. Had some luck playing 27 sit n goes this morning. Played two $7 with one 3rd and one $3.50 bagging another 3rd. So around $30 up so far. Just doubled up in the Big $5.50 May the flops be with you.
                              Nice work - I am playing for free until the evening, hope to bag a few coins later Good luck Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.