PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed's New Cowboy's Challenge for November

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed's New Cowboy's Challenge for November

OK Cowboy -

This time its serious!

I will be playing $0.50 buy in games in November for Cowboy's Challenge, attempting to double a stake of 25 buy ins, $12.50, up to $25.00 or more over the course of 100 sitngo tourneys.

This means moving back to the $0.50 45 man Turbo sitngos.

I'll be cracking on with this from tomorrow to try to get ahead of the average daily games (3-4) needed to complete in the month, and will post here every time I complete ten games.

Good luck all taking Cowboy's Challenge in November.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Good Luck, i may see you on some tables although i'm starting with 25 cents for a few days.

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers Grade b -

You'll be pleased to know I used those stolen chips from you to go on for a win in the Corral - I'll be back at some point when the times are good for Europe like they were Sunday, so you can exact revenge next month. Good games to play in for me as I know I am a bit out of my comfort zone there, so very pleased to take one down once I rode that major bit of luck. The Corral's another good learning experience for me.

Good luck in your own November Cowboy's Challenge - catch you at the tables

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck with the challenges in November Ed and Grade umbup:

Comment

Gidee Up!

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
            Good Luck, i may see you on some tables although i'm starting with 25 cents for a few days.

Grade b
            I hope your in the 90 man as it will make the challenge easier for me

Good luck ed

Comment

Well it is November in the UK right now - do I have to wait for November 'Eastern Time' to start my November Cowboy's Challenge?

Should I play or get some shut eye?

Good luck all

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

go to bed

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                  go to bed

FPP's are worthless. Ice cream however,rulez!!!!

Good luck with the challenge Ed,I know you can kill this.

Comment

OK - Maybe I got a lttle wild at the excitement of the new month. Here's the replay of my entire first tournament in the November Cowboys Challenge. I played hand 1 quite well I think. Patience is the key!
                    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Wow. To eager? Perhaps, but at least you can console yourself with the fact that you got your chips in with the best hand!

I hope you made notes on both of those VERY loose callers!

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
                        OK - Maybe I got a lttle wild at the excitement of the new month. Here's the replay of my entire first tournament in the November Cowboys Challenge. I played hand 1 quite well I think. Patience is the key!
                        Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                        2 hands and you played them both correctly IMO. The Q8 hand is an auto-fold in the early stages with no reads and blinds to small to tussle over. Later in the tourney when blinds are worth stealing I'll raise a hand like that from LP at 2 nitty blind holders. The KK hand with the 200 raise in front of you I'm with you 1000% here,I'm jamming KK every time because I want to limit the number of possible players and try to isolate the original raiser. If he has AA then so be it but as you saw here playing AA-KK VERY fast and aggressive early in these WILL get called. With an open raiser like this you are almost never going to see them fold their hand as they figure the 200 committed them (if they DO fold keep an eye on that player,the ones that know what a fold button is are the ones to worry about). As for the 83 donk...well results of the hand be Damned would you want to be this guy? God bless his pointy little head.

Comment

I'm playing both of those hands the exact same way Ed.
                          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

No success yet, but at least I can say the luck factor had evened out by the third tourney. Looks like my main tactic now is to suck out as often as I can. Sadly it was one time too few and I bubbled. Having fun though. Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Pssst, Cowboy - don't think anybody's reading this thread, so keep this to yourself - here are my first ten results.

$0.50 45 man Turbo sitngos

Cowboys Challenge Starting Bankroll = 25 x $0.50 = $12.50 - TARGET $25.00 after 100 games

No - Tournament No - Finish - Entry - Prize - Profit / Loss - Cumulative P/L - Bankroll
                              $12.50
                              1 462796417 43rd -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$0.50 $12.00
                              2 462810663 26th -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$1.00 $11.50
                              3 462873198 8th -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$1.50 $11.00
                              4 462935303 32nd -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$2.00 $10.50
                              5 462945650 29th -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$2.50 $10.00
                              6 462960141 6th -$0.50 $1.21 +$0.71 -$1.79 $10.71
                              7 462992689 32nd -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$2.29 $10.21
                              8 463010301 9th -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$2.79 $9.71
                              9 463084072 38th -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$3.29 $9.21
                              10 463089787 8th -$0.50 $0.00 -$0.50 -$3.79 $8.71

ITM 10%

Cost $5.00
                              Loss -$3.79
                              ROI -75.80%

It's not great numbers, but what a lovely spreadsheet I made to keep them on.

Shouldn't take me long to 'complete' this challenge.

Good luck all

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.