PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Players (or anyone else who wants to try...) 45 300+20 SNG Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Players (or anyone else who wants to try...) 45 300+20 SNG Challenge

OK gang,as I've stated in Cairn's thread on the 27 man Orbit play money challenge I'm opening a 100 game 45 man SNG challenge at the 300+20 buy-in level. (Certainly if you want to do a higher level feel free,but for the purposes of the challenge do all 100 games at the same level). I'm basing this off Cowboy's original Honu Challenge in that I hung a number up,let's see if you guys and gals can beat it. I knocked my 100 out in just over 3 weeks,but as Honu's original challenge for .25 45/90 mans was 100 games in a month we'll stick with that. Here's your target (I'll be trying to beat it myself....) 100 games played at 300+20 per game: 32,000 ITM: 41 games (41%) Play Money Chips Won: 75,870 +/-: + 43,870 "ROI": +137.09% Here's a breakdown of how I placed ITM-wise: 1. 5 2. 7 3. 4 4. 7 5. 4 6. 8 7. 6 Not giving anything away here,just like Cairn's it's a little challenge for ourselves to keep us occupied whilst our political leaders/dunces/hacks/prostitutes/insert invective here endeavor to remove their heads from their asses or the nearest lobbyist's ass. A few quick observation's I've made after 100 of these (and roughly 300 .25 45 man real money plays)... A: As I said a couple weeks ago when I first started playing these in my opinion they play to roughly 70% the competency level of the .25 45 man's. That's what I felt then after 59 games,another 41 gave me no reason to change that estimation. B: Places where I feel they differ most are in the first 1 or 2 table orbits these are definitely looser and more maniacal than the .25 mans,but I've seen many of ATC shoving loons in those as well so it's not so much as to be shocking. C: The second most noticeable difference is that more players will enter more pots in these (I swear there ARE some guys that would have VPIP %'s of very close to 100% in these,some actually may BE at 100%). And MOST pots will be opened by a limp. That isn't really too different from the .25's really as until it was bubble time probably half the pots in those were open-limped. D: It ain't poker as much as it's cards. What I mean by that is that to win MOST hands (and by most I mean around 80%...) you're going to have to showdown best. I won't let myself be made an open-limper by these dopes as I'm not going to fall into bad habits to adjust to them. That said understand that almost no raises are respected by many players and they generally figure if they were dealt 2 cards they are obliged to keep playing them until they are given no more. E: The main adjustment that I made in these to compensate for point D was to be even more nitty in my hand selection (position and fold equity are nearly useless against players whose main objective is to not drown in their own drool,and that's A LOT of these players...just like the .25's really...). The upside is that when that one big hand does come if you carry the day with it you're liable to at least double up,many times you may triple up or even double through one player and get a fair amount of chips out of a couple others before their meds kick in. F: There are a few actual players in each one of these I've found. Play money warriors who actually could have potentially donk OK here had they ever given it a try (or were to in the future) and some peeps who were,or even are for some of the non-Americans,real money players. Some actual winning players to (was HU last night with a US player who had played roughly 2500 OPR listed games at a $2.14 ABI and was 21% ITM with a +4% ROI,pretty solid). I've even run into a few guys I used to bump heads with in the actual .25's. All in all I think that these have enough playability in them to keep one's game relatively sharp and provide some fun along the way. One thing I'm sure of and this and Cairn's 27 man Orbit Challenge had reinforced is that I would rather play for play money here than at the gyp joints currently available to US peeps,so I'm sallying forth. So hopefully you all can find this challenge a fun and potentially useful outlet. Good Luck. umbup:
    Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Oct 15, 2011, 03:38 AM.

I'm in......will play a couple tonight after I drop hubby off for his hunting trip. With the way I don't sleep I might actually get a good block of them done over the next 10 days....WOOHOO

Now what would you like us to post about our games....I figure I will try and post after every 25 what my stats are and to get a feel and feedback on how I am doing, cause we all know how my confidence levels are...LOL

Tits

Comment

Originally posted by Faery Tats View Post
      I'm in......will play a couple tonight after I drop hubby off for his hunting trip. With the way I don't sleep I might actually get a good block of them done over the next 10 days....WOOHOO Now what would you like us to post about our games....I figure I will try and post after every 25 what my stats are and to get a feel and feedback on how I am doing, cause we all know how my confidence levels are...LOL Tits
      I'm not gonna get nailed by Cowboy for gimmick infringement so I'm going with a catch phrase for these of my own. So.... Carpe Donk 'Em Tits!! umbup: Uh,however you want to list the games is okey dokey by me. If you want to start a post with 100 slots for each game and just come back and fill it in as needed,post every 10,25 games or whatever it all works for me.

Comment

I'm In. Will use this post to update on results.
        Game Results:
        1.OTM
        2.OTM
        3.1st $4,725
        4.1st $4,725
        5.OTM
        6.OTM
        7.OTM
        8.5th $945
        9.1st $4,725
        10.OTM
        11.OTM
        12.OTM
        13.OTM
        14.1st $4,725
        15.OTM
        16.4th $1,080
        17.1st $4,725
        18.OTM
        19.6th $675
        20.5th $945
        21.OTM
        22.OTM
        23.OTM
        24.OTM
        25.OTM
        26.OTM
        27.4th $1,080
        28.3rd $2,160
        29.OTM
        30.OTM
        31.OTM
        32.7th $540
        33.6th $675
        34.OTM
        35.7th $540
        36.OTM
        37.OTM
        38.OTM
        39.6th $675
        40.3rd $2,160
        41.6th $675
        42.OTM
        43.OTM
        44.1st $4,725
        45. 5th $945
        46. OTM
        47. OTM
        48. 2nd $3,375
        49. OTM
        50.4th $1,080

51.7th $540
        52.1st $4,725
        53.OTM
        54.OTM
        55.OTM
        56.7th $540
        57.OTM
        58.OTM
        59.1st $4,725
        60.OTM
        61.6th $675
        62.OTM
        63.OTM
        64.OTM
        65.OTM
        66.OTM
        67.OTM
        68.OTM
        69.1st $4,725
        70.OTM
        71.7th $540
        returned $60,270
        Last edited by PaidInFull6; Tue Dec 06, 2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I'm in.. running 2 of these and one 27 man for Cairn's challenge at same time... will keep you updated as to how I'm doing.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Carpe Donk 'Em Paid and JW!!! umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
              Carpe Donk 'Em Paid and JW!!! umbup:
              I'm now 2-4 ITM and +$$$... which is the bottom line. If not for the donkouts, would be 4-4.
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It's almost always a donk out in these though,same as the 27 man's.

AND same as the .25 real money 45 and 90 man's really.

Comment

weird, I was going to fire a few up and now I have no play money games listed... all the cash real money though...

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                    weird, I was going to fire a few up and now I have no play money games listed... all the cash real money though...
                    Make sure you have the "Play Money" tab clicked.

Comment

i did and it stays blank, then I click any other button and it takes me to real money

Comment

Is your filter on? If not then Idk whats wrong.

Comment

I think Paid is right Roomi, check your filter to make sure Play Money is checked. Or turn 'em off.

Comment

yup filter lol

Comment

Let's see ... 100 games!

At my current rate of one game a day skipping every other day because of obligations and spending time with the wife, I should be done by this time next year.

Oh well, you multi-tablers will have to take this one on, I can't keep up with that.

PS I did finish 2nd in the one I have played.
                              Last edited by Johnny Oak; Mon Oct 17, 2011, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.