PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Squirrel waffling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Squirrel waffling

Hey there my fellow tilt monkeys it has been a while since i wrote thought i might send some waffle your way with love . So as much as i would love to give you a thing of beauty but no doubt as per the norm it will end with a little bit of weird hey what can i say i like weird ok ok correction i am weird so my friends say ok ok 1 friend says good weird .My friend made me think a little this week about my own dreams and how to pursue them hence the blog today just my thoughts as always madness no doubt thinking out loud .

So been thinking how poker relates to me these days well it is more like a jelly where as much as i fight to eat and pull myself out that delicious strawberry flavour goo i remain to strive for the chocolate fountain and dream some day it could be reality you have to spend time in the goo par for the course .I still haven't reached the heights i set myself years ago it would be easy to blame other factors but truth be known i didn't know i was stuck in the gooey mess but as time has gone on i have started to drag myself out and grow all i am saying is not all of us are math geniuses or naturally gifted and lucky but maybe have other things going on in our lives that means we can't give this cruel and beautiful game the 100% focus it needs but like me if you have the passion to succeed and work hard when others are napping in the strawberry mouse then you can succeed it just takes a little longer for us .

I gave up at one point for years never believing the impossible but dreams do come true with the example of my best friend who was told by her then manager she would never be promoted as she was simply to nice how unreal is that and bs to say that to someone .So i did all i could to motivate her to believe in herself when she didn't i seen how hard it hit her and upset she was .But this week 1 year after that awful manager saying that to her she left for a new job at a different company and guess what she is not only a manager but head of operations double her previous wage i am so proud of her and she asked me why i didn't believe in myself for my dreams and i didn't know why i guess it is easier to help other people to there dreams but we tend to forget our own .Well i am saying guys whatever your dreams maybe never let them go lose sight of what you want it is easy to give up but with new vigour and fresh determination work ethic to set 100% for a go at the impossible to achieve the dream of freedom i welcome you all my tilt monkeys to join me on this journey of self discovery and focus to success . May the squirrel nuts be with all always take care everyone .
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.